Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ordering a new axle back this Black Friday and need help deciding between ets or nameless. I'm leaning towards getting the nameless 4" muffler staggered with 3.5 tips and double wall or the ets muffled with the chrome tips.

·
Super Moderator
11,775 Posts
Nameless is nice, but ets is top notch fit, finish, and build. I wouldn't get anything nameless besides the exhaust with the 5" cans. Nameless muff deletes and 4" cans, can really start sounding like a rice burner fast.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nameless is nice, but ets is top notch fit, finish, and build. I wouldn't get anything nameless besides the exhaust with the 5" cans. Nameless muff deletes and 4" cans, can really start sounding like a rice burner fast.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
Do you know if the tips are staggered or not ? Can't really tell

·
For External Use Only
2,488 Posts
I've had both. Both are very nice. The Nameless looks better with 4" tips. If you plan on going with the 3" tips on the nameless, I'd pass, it looks cheap.

·
For External Use Only
2,488 Posts
Did you have a favorite one over the other? And how's the drone on ets compared to nameless
Keep in mind here that I have an STi, not a WRX, so it may differ if you have an FA, but there's basically no drone when it's just an axle-back.

Once you switch to a catback, however, resonator and mufflers are a must or it's drone city.

I currently have the ETS "Quiet" catback, with the midpipe resonator. It still drones a good bit.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Keep in mind here that I have an STi, not a WRX, so it may differ if you have an FA, but there's basically no drone when it's just an axle-back.

Once you switch to a catback, however, resonator and mufflers are a must or it's drone city.

I currently have the ETS "Quiet" catback, with the midpipe resonator. It still drones a good bit.
Tbh thinking of going with the ets with mufflers and the blue tip, are the tips staggered??

·
For External Use Only
2,488 Posts
Tbh thinking of going with the ets with mufflers and the blue tip, are the tips staggered??
Yes.

Be advised the blue will fade if you use any kind of metal polish, etc. on them. Made that mistake when I bought a Q300. That's why I went stainless this time around.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts