ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i was just wondering how much it would cost me for a 3.5 inch pipes all ready bent and ready to put in i can put it in i just cant bend it i was just wondering thanks oh i whant to get rid of my cats to
flams :whoa:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok sorry i would like a custom Exhaust on my 2002 wrx but i dont have a pipe bender so i need a pre-bent up pipe, down pipe and then the rest i would also take out my cats i whant it all to be 3.5 inch Exhaust pipeing i can also install it my self

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
OK, i'm going to assume that you know nothing about exhausts, so if i'm telling you stuff you already know, please don't be offended.

Lets pull up the handy-dandy WRX exhaust diagram

As far as an uppipe goes, please go to our vendors forum and check out the various vendor's uppipes. Uppipes come in two forms: solid and flex. Any name brand uppipe will suit your needs fine,

Again, any name brand downpipe will give similar gains. The only exception is the HKS. It's the only "blank plate" name brand downpipe on the market, and the general consensus is that it is not as desirable as the bellmouth or divoced-style downpipes. Please see the Engine Performance sticky located in this forum for more information.

By custom exhaust, I believe you mean catback. A catback runs from the rear-catalytic converter/midpipe to the muffler. Any name-brand catback will suffice and give similar gains. However, it is up to you to decide which style and sound you want.

Please, read Ebr0t's engine performance faq. It is very, very informative.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks you were a lot of help i have one more qustion have you heard of any one getting rid of there cats thanks a lot im a noob when it comes to the wrx

·
Registered
514 Posts
Dude everyone gets rid of their cats, an up-pipe plus turbo back, is one of the biggest power adder. A turbo back is the down-pipe+catback.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Yes, most people get rid of their catalytic converters, this results in a tremendous performance increase and is 100% necessary if you plan on peforming major power upgrades on your car. If you are not comfortable with going catless, you can always run a high-flow catalytic converter.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts