ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody have any experience with ERZ?? Quality, customer service, warrenties, fitment... Any help would be greatly appreciated. -Gene

tig welded

T 304 stainless steel

computerized mandrel-bent

CNC machine flanges

Straight thru design and bolt-on installation

4inch bellmouth dp

flex up-pipe

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
It's all good. Just remember Search is your friend! :)

BTW Yes I am running ERZ up/down's on mine. LOVE THEM! Great quality for the price, and the power is noticable. You won't be dissappointed.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
install

I finally did the install with a couple of guys and everything fits well but there is an exhaust leak :unhappy: . My advise, don't use the supplied gaskets. Save time sweat and frustration and go with different gaskets. Other than the flimsy gaskets everything looks AWESOME. The welds are beautiful and the egt and 02 sensor bungs fit perfectly. -Gene

·
Boba Fett
17,939 Posts
how does the taper at the bellmouth look? it looked like it was going to be a pretty rough ride for the air going through it. Any pictures of the insides of the piping?
AK*WRX*2004 said:
I finally did the install with a couple of guys and everything fits well but there is an exhaust leak :unhappy: . My advise, don't use the supplied gaskets. Save time sweat and frustration and go with different gaskets. Other than the flimsy gaskets everything looks AWESOME. The welds are beautiful and the egt and 02 sensor bungs fit perfectly. -Gene

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
BrianH said:
never seen an up pipe gasket like that before. Looks like it's cut out of sheet metal.
The up-pipe gasket is a soft compound. Almost feels like a paper gasket but if you look at it in the right light you can see flecks of metal in it. I was leery about using it but due to lack of other options I used it anyways. Haven't had a problem yet. IIRC gave off a bit of a funny smell the first couple times I had the car on but hasn't smelled funny since.

BTW has 9k miles of use now and still no problems other than the occasional EGT too high CEL that I get because I didn't do a up-pipe cel fix.

·
Boba Fett
17,939 Posts
eh, I guess it's cheap worth the money.

I'll be surprised if you don't have leaks with those gaskets down the road. That's the type that I'm using for my downpipe - catback six months after install it's starting to leak. I trust the up pipe gaskets weren't made of the same material that the downpipe one is made of? right?

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
BrianH said:
eh, I guess it's cheap worth the money.

I'll be surprised if you don't have leaks with those gaskets down the road. That's the type that I'm using for my downpipe - catback six months after install it's starting to leak. I trust the up pipe gaskets weren't made of the same material that the downpipe one is made of? right?

The gasket from the manifold to the up is the same material...from the up-pipe to the turbo is the only gasket of a different material. I think it's just higher heat resistant.

·
Boba Fett
17,939 Posts
scooby24 said:
The gasket from the manifold to the up is the same material...from the up-pipe to the turbo is the only gasket of a different material. I think it's just higher heat resistant.

kinda look like they were made out of that gasket maker stuff.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts