ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking at buying an uppipe downpipe combo from ERZ...ive heard decent stuff but want to hear from you guys.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
looking at buying an uppipe downpipe combo from ERZ...ive heard decent stuff but want to hear from you guys.
I have all SR*S exhaust, but I believe they are similar if not the same, everything mounted up perfectly, looks good, sounds good, performs good, price is good, all is good:rotfl:

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
29,231 Posts

·
Banned
0 Posts
There down pipes are top notch. There uppipes on the other hand should be avoided. I would just try to find a used stock up pipe and gut that before doing the install. I wish I would have gone this route. Also the downpipes are in Nasiocs private clasifieds all the time for dirt cheep. I would get it heat wraped and call it a day:thumbup:

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There down pipes are top notch. There uppipes on the other hand should be avoided. I would just try to find a used stock up pipe and gut that before doing the install. I wish I would have gone this route. Also the downpipes are in Nasiocs private clasifieds all the time for dirt cheep. I would get it heat wraped and call it a day:thumbup:

what would it take to gut the stokck uppipe i have now...? kinda new to the modding of teh rexorz. just got comfy with the car tbh. now its time for power.

·
Banned
0 Posts
what would it take to gut the stokck uppipe i have now...? kinda new to the modding of teh rexorz. just got comfy with the car tbh. now its time for power.
Stick of dynamite:rotfl:

I would recommend having a spare around. Gutting the thing is a real chore and is not easily accomplished. Search around... there are tutorials

·
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Admin
48,699 Posts
I'm running the ERZ up and down...zero problems. I had to trim the rubber drain hose at the firewall to clear my downpipe, but that's common on many pipes.

I had expensive pipes on my first WRX. Having done it both ways, my opinion is to save your money for the things that are worth it. (EM, turbo swap, suspension components) At the end of the day the up and down are pipes with flanges welded on them.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm running the ERZ up and down...zero problems. I had to trim the rubber drain hose at the firewall to clear my downpipe, but that's common on many pipes.

I had expensive pipes on my first WRX. Having done it both ways, my opinion is to save your money for the things that are worth it. (EM, turbo swap, suspension components) At the end of the day the up and down are pipes with flanges welded on them.
this was the plan...as stated earlier im on a budget...would like to go suspension and turbo next. but we'll see thanks for all the input guys, really has been helpful for my too lazy to search ass :thumbup:.

·
Premium Member
11,095 Posts
UP I would look for a slighly used Invidia or Cobb.

A DP is a DP IMHO. Even if it rusts away it isnt a PITA to swap out like the UP.

·
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Admin
48,699 Posts
UP I would look for a slighly used Invidia or Cobb.

A DP is a DP IMHO. Even if it rusts away it isnt a PITA to swap out like the UP.
Oh c'mon, Craig. The Uppipe is a breeze to swap. :rolleyes: NOT.

·
Premium Member
13,124 Posts
i have the erz exhaust and its wonderful. i'm sure their other products are just as great :thumbup:

·
Is in Love With the Admins Here
2,770 Posts
I'm running the ERZ up and down...zero problems. I had to trim the rubber drain hose at the firewall to clear my downpipe, but that's common on many pipes. At the end of the day the up and down are pipes with flanges welded on them.
+1. I've had mine almost 3 years w/o any issues. (knocks on hood):thumbup:

·
Is in Love With the Admins Here
2,770 Posts
Does anyone know if the erz downpipe will work with a srs cbe?
I don't see why not. Just be sure to replace the gaskets with stock ones if needed. It's a bad idea to use the ones that ERZ gives you.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts