ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the ERZ DP and I currently have it matched up to the stock CBE. When I had my HKS Hi Power CB on everything was fine and everything was where it was suppose to be. I went to put my OEM system back on and now it's pulled forward about 1 1/2 inches and it rattles underneath the car. Has anyone else had this problem?

·
Premium Member
11,095 Posts
Where is it hitting? You might need extended hangers (or short ones if you have extended ones).

Also might want to try to put the mid pipe to the dp and then attach the midpipe to the exhaust.

·
Registered
19 Posts
does the ERZ require the stock donut gasket?

Some aftermarket DPs use the stock-style gasket and spring bolts, some do not. If it is rattling, it sounds like you may need the gasket

here's a pic

hope this helps

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That doesn't look like it would pull it back far enough. Maybe it's be worth a shot though...

·
Registered
11 Posts
OEM exhaust is 2.25", and the gasket is a bit less in size.. You'll either need a donut adapter flange, or a three inch donut flange rigged up a bit.. I had this type of set-up, and hated it with a passion.. Leaked hella bad!! Trying to mate a 3" pipe with 2.25" is kinda hard honestly..

Eric

·
Registered
0 Posts
you have to modify the erz dp. it is longer than the stock one or pretty much any other brand. It has to wither be cut to shorten it or cut and add to your stock catback.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts