ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed Epic springs on my car a couple weeks ago. I installed them myself and it was pretty straight forward with out an issues arising during the installation (I've changed the suspension on 3 of my past cars so had all the required tools and know how). So after a two days of use, I got an alignment and everything seems to be going well. However, I've noticed that it seems the back is lowered a little more than the front. I'll try to post some pictures later. Poor mans tools - I can only fit two fingers between the wheel and wheel well in the back and can fit three fingers in the front. Also, I measured the side skirt to the ground and it was approx. 6 inches in the back and approx 6 1/2 (or 1/4) in the front. I looked over the suspension again and the spring are seated correctly in the struts as well as the top hats.

This surprised me because I read that the Epic springs are actually suppose to lower the car a little bit more in the front than the back. I couldn't find a phone number on Epic's website and submitted this question to them via email. Just wondering if anyone else experienced this or heard about it.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
10,943 Posts
That's normal. Stock the front is considerably higher than the back, so even after you lower the front half an inch more than the back it's still going to sit higher.

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
What struts are you using with the new springs?

·
Premium Member
10,822 Posts
Also interested since I just got these springs from the manufacturer.Haven't installed them though.

Specs say that front drop height is 1.2" & rear 1.0".

·
Premium Member
1,829 Posts
yeah im curious to see a pic im considering ordering for my hatch

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What struts are you using with the new springs?
I'm using stock struts for now.

"Also interested since I just got these springs from the manufacturer.Haven't installed them though.
Specs say that front drop height is 1.2" & rear 1.0".

Yes that's what it says and also mentions that it give the car a "nose down" stance. That's why I thought it was weird when the back is lower than the front. I know that with subie's the wheel well heights are different and that's why I measured the side skirt distance both front and back as well.

"yeah im curious to see a pic im considering ordering for my hatch"

I get one up as soon as it's a nice day here and I'm not working!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts