1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys

Hows it going? Im new to this forum.

Just picked up my first suby, 2011 WRX limited (cdn) WRB Sedan! :tongue:

What do you guys think of these wheels in gunmetal? Will these fit my car?
Enkei High Quality Wheels : Performance Series : EKM3

5x100
7.5" width
+45 offset

Will these look flush? Do you think they will look good with the blue?

What tires are recommended and springs?

Any advice would be great!

·
Registered
279 Posts
id honestly go against downsizing the wheel man, yes its a nice wheel, but your stock rims are 17x8, no point in going to a 7.5" wheel. the max size you can fit on there safely and easily is like a 18x9.5 ... heres a link/guide to fitting wheels to our 11 rex's

Guide to fitting wheels and tires to the 2011+ WRX - NASIOC

good info on there bro

·
Registered
902 Posts
If you do a quick google search you will find some wrx/sti's with those wheels. I've looked into them but if your going to spend the money on new wheels and tire's I would at least step up to the stock size of the sti wheel (18x8.5) so you can run a 245 tire.

I'm looking into buying some Rota wheels myself. Just undecided what I want to use for a winter/summer set up yet.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah so i've been told but i really like these wheels :(

What is the downfall of running a 7.5" anyways? Performance loss? traction loss? would it even be noticeable?

id honestly go against downsizing the wheel man, yes its a nice wheel, but your stock rims are 17x8, no point in going to a 7.5" wheel. the max size you can fit on there safely and easily is like a 18x9.5 ... heres a link/guide to fitting wheels to our 11 rex's

Guide to fitting wheels and tires to the 2011+ WRX - NASIOC

good info on there bro

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The Rota wheels are really nice too, which one's are you looking at?

If you do a quick google search you will find some wrx/sti's with those wheels. I've looked into them but if your going to spend the money on new wheels and tire's I would at least step up to the stock size of the sti wheel (18x8.5) so you can run a 245 tire.

I'm looking into buying some Rota wheels myself. Just undecided what I want to use for a winter/summer set up yet.

·
Gold Member
2,175 Posts
Have you checked out the RPF1 or PF01 from Enkei? You can stay at 17x8 and keep your tires. That's what I did anyway.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts