ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whose the engineers here? im goin into my junior year of engineering, i was planning on mechanical, but switched to industrial/systems engineering b/c it has more business aspects integrated into it. ill also have my mba in 5 years. any other engineers, and what do u do, projects, companies...

·
1,816 Posts
Computer Eng. -> US Army
Working on Masters in Comp Eng currently.

ARMY OF ONE :D

-chris

·
Registered
466 Posts
Mechanical/environmental engineer, 5th and final year at the University of Colorado, Boulder next fall. Then a masters in environmental engineering. Currently interning it up. Doing data entry. But they call it an engineering internship, so I'm not complaining.

·
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Admin
48,699 Posts
I'm a degreed Mechanical Engineer. Went to work 14 years ago for a small machine design firm. I worked in mechanical design for ~2 years, then switched over to Controls Engineering at the same company. (Sort of a combination of electrical engineer and industrial programmer) I'm actually better at that. I did systems design for machines as a controls guy for a few years, was promoted to Controls Engineering Manager. Still did systems, but also had to do some administrative kinda stuff. Also did lots of IT stuff for our little company.

The company's focus and function have evolved, and now I'm still doing systems design, but I'm also our Director of Quality Control. An engineering background can lead to numerous ends...:)

·
Registered
712 Posts
Electrical Engineer, graduated 5 years ago. I work for a semiconductor manufacturer as an applications engineer, and I do mostly microcontroller design. Current projects include a car battery monitor and a wireless adult toy. :eek:

·
Registered
267 Posts
Industrial and Management Engineer out of RPI, upstate NY
Working as a Facilities Engineer in SoCal
Also going to school full time for my MBA...on the company dime of course.

Exhausting...but free!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Graduated 2 yrs ago with a Mechanical Engineering degree. Now I work for a local utility company testing power plants to make them run better.

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
dielectric said:
Electrical Engineer, graduated 5 years ago. I work for a semiconductor manufacturer as an applications engineer, and I do mostly microcontroller design. Current projects include a car battery monitor and a wireless adult toy. :eek:
you must like that adult toy, since you posted twice. ;)

·
Registered
79 Posts
I'm a Civil Engineer, graduated 2002 from Pitt. My first job out of school was with a small construction company, doing estimating.

Now I design roads in Florida for URS Corp.

·
Registered
428 Posts
GunsNF'nRoses said:
I'm a Civil Engineer, graduated 2002 from Pitt. My first job out of school was with a small construction company, doing estimating.

Now I design roads in Florida for URS Corp.
Hehe.....my bro works there^^

I am a EE. Graduated from UCF 2001
I do RF stuff/design.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts