Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 2019 wrx. i put cobb big sf intake on it. with cobb mid pipe and cobb muffler delete. with an ots cobb big sf stage 1 tune. recently when i start it when im leaving work it starts fine but it acts like its struggling to stay started. i have to give it gas to make it stay started. and after i give it the gas it stays started just fine for the drive home. when i start it in the morning to come to work it starts perfectly fine no problems. its only at work. im thinking its when its hotter/humid out and the sun its hitting directly on it? when it happened i plugged in my accessport and it immediately just threw all the lights on on my dash and gave me a PO172 error code. i since reflashed the tune and put the same tune on it. the code has since went away. any ideas for this? when i first put the tune on it started just fine. and this all just started happening randomly. people mentioned cleaning my CAI filter and MAF sensor. would this possibly fix it?

thank you

·
In Æternum
17,155 Posts
First confirm that you are indeed running the correct map (Stage1+SF) on the Accessport.

Yes, this could be due to a fouled MAF sensor. Cleaning is easy and cheap so I'd start with that.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
First confirm that you are indeed running the correct map (Stage1+SF) on the Accessport.

Yes, this could be due to a fouled MAF sensor. Cleaning is easy and cheap so I'd start with that.
any specific cleaner? or do i even need cleaner? i noticed also when im in say second or third gear. and give it about 60-70% accel it stutters when accelerating as well

·
In Æternum
17,155 Posts
any specific cleaner? or do i even need cleaner? i noticed also when im in say second or third gear. and give it about 60-70% accel it stutters when accelerating as well
MAF or electric parts cleaner - it's the same thing.

You also may need to start looking for boost or vac leaks.

·
In Æternum
17,155 Posts
Did you install these mods yourself?

·
In Æternum
17,155 Posts
Then check each of those connections to make sure there aren't leaks after the MAF metering.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts