ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a stock 02 WRX and something is going on that I do not like. We starting from a stop in 1st my car almost seems keep the clutch engaged longer than I let it. Then the engine will rev up a little and finally It will feel like It is really in gear. And recently while driving if I'm in say 4th going around 40 and I press on the gas my engine will rev until red line (unless I stop it) and no power will get to the wheels almost as if I were holding the clutch down and pressing on the gas, then the RPMs will drop and I'll finally start to feel some forward momentum. My boost gauge will read around 5 to 10 psi depending on how hard I press on the gas while the engine is revving.

Recently as well when I stop the car and turn it off and get out I can smell something burning from under the car.
So not sure if my clutch is burnt up, My tranny is going, or my engine/turbo/exhaust is burning.

When shifting though everything is smooth through all of the gears no grinding, no jumping, no not being able to put it in gear.
Yes I still have the crapy stock exhaust and I will be replacing the whole system in the future.

Not sure if it is one thing or a combination of all three.

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
29,234 Posts
The clutch is slipping. Time to replace the clutch.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you. I had a feeling thats what it was. Just had to make sure to cover all the bases. Thanks again

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
29,234 Posts
If you replace the clutch consider the Exedy OEM equivalent, people seem happy with that. Also, people can sometimes get misfire codes with a lighter flywheel, so consider keeping things stock or stock-equivalent in my view. Good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts