ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry it this is in the wrong place.

The car is a 2002 wrx, the only modification is a borla cat back exhaust.

About 3 weeks ago I had finally gotten my car back from the body shop after a little run in with a deer. I was leaving town that day to go on vacation. I get my car back and was driving it hard, I just got it back and had missed it. Anyways about 30 miles down the road I pull up at a stop sign and I'm hearing a ticking coming from the exhaust. My friend and I decide to continue taking it slowly the ticking continues now coming from the front, it stops ticking at about 3 grand. Another 10 or so miles down the road we pull up at another stop sign it dies and wont start, we push it off the road and after my wallet being raped by the towing company it gets towed back to his house where it sits until i get back.
I got it towed to a garage today and the guy thinks its the motor is shot, he thought maybe a rocker broke in side, he is pretty sure that the problem is deep in the engine. The ticking is coming from the left side (facing the car) in front of the turbo (he had a stethoscope and that is where it was the loudest). Tomorrow he is having someone who lives around here who knows Subaru's inside and out take a look at it, but anyone ever had the same sound coming from the engine.

Any help would be appreciated I love this car and don't want to have to give it up, as I wont be able to afford another one.

·
Registered
114 Posts
i think maybe the shop you were at drove the car a little bit to hard while you werent there, and they messed something up. Check your mileage.

·
Registered
15 Posts
wow that really sucks to hear about your car...keep a positive attitude and disregard what the one dude said until you get a second opinion from a better mechanic.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So the local Subaru guy came and took a look at it (he rebuilds Subaru's for a living) his best guess is that I threw a rod. He says that the engine is toasted. So I'm looking for a new one, if I can get a engine a have it installed for about the same as buying a used car that is nice and will last me a while I think I'm go9ing to get it fixed but we will see.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts