ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I got a problem. I have an 02 wrx, and it doesn't seem to be running like it should. I don't have much done to it, just a tbe and bov. But sitting at idle, it tends to bog a little bit and when I step on the gas to get going, it does the same as if it just doesn't wanna get going. But after that it doesn't bog until I get to a stop and of almost stalls. Rpms drop to almost 0. It also feels like I got some loss of boost. The air intake and maf is fine, turbo is not leaking either. Can anybody help me out please? Is appreciate it.

·
Premium Member
6,501 Posts
It's pobably the BOV. What type is it?

·
Pro Manscaper
21,455 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It full atmospheric. I bought the car with the bov on it. And it runs perfectly fo.e when its cold and wet out. But I'm stationed out in Arkansas so its hot and muggy. And it doesn't seem to like it that much. What do you suggest? Should I get the stock bypass valve?

·
Pro Manscaper
21,455 Posts
Tune or not, you don't need it. Find a stock one, sell the TurboXS. You'll recoup money on it.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Now just so I know. Why is my car running this way cuz of the bov? And of I het another aftermarket one, what would you prefer? It's just hard to find them stock where I'm at.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Seen a few posts on this issue -- idle just drops to zero/engine shuts off, often when decelerating or at a stop light. Especially scary when you're in motion. Way beyond my abilities so brought it to my mechanic and he completely cleaned out the throttle body. Lots of gunk in there apparently (140k miles). So far running like a charm...

In the other posts, someone else cleaned out the IACV and others suggested to reset the ECU afterwards.

Hope that helps...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts