Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Aloha,
I recently swapped out my ej257 from a 2011 Impreza wrx hatch to a jdm ej20x from a 2008 Subaru legacy. I ran into a few problems such as when I’m going over 60mph it is holding back power. I still have the stock ej257 ecu and I have looked over the forums and many say the ecu is telling the engine to shoot 25% more fuel than it needs. I’m just wondering what my next move is. I was thinking getting the Subaru Legacy ecu to see if that’s the problem to the power hold back.

·
Water.....sometimes waves
1,611 Posts
So I do not know the differences in those engines. BBBBBUUUUUTTTTTTT, just in general I cannot imagine different engine model numbers 3 years apart in manufacture having the same control system and settings.

·
Æternum
15,504 Posts
Is this a joke?

Was the ECU even remapped?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
In fact this is not a joke. Stock ecu was reflashed with the Cobb accessport. However prior to this problem the engine would not turn without replacing the jdm intake manifold, sensors and injectors with the usdm as it would be pumping way too much fuel

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I mean I’ve done my research. Came here to the forums to see if anyone has ideas about this. If the engines were very different my car would not have turned on and start running. From my ideas I believe the ecu is telling the injectors to shoot out more fuel than it needs because the ecu is for a 2.5L not a 2.0

·
Super Moderator
10,914 Posts
You didn’t do any research at all if you didn’t get the car tuned specifically for what you’ve done. No off the shelf map is going to work.

It does seem false.

The wrx didn’t come with a 257

Jdm engines are notorious for being iffy

You have to have a custom tune made for the swap and you make no mention of this anywhere.

I concured with zax and have no other input besides his comment.

·
BooSTIng
2,253 Posts
Yeah sorry to say a lot of this is not terribly smart. And the wrx came with the EJ255, not the EJ257, the 257's are the STi engine. Was there something wrong with your stock engine that you decided to swap it?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts