ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a quick question. I have a 2002 Wrx Wagon. Its got roughly around 198K miles on it. The only things that are really aftermarket is the cold air intake, and i just bought an COBB Accessport for it. Im only running the state one map on it right now. Anyways, the question is, should i think about an engine swap before i decide to buy the parts to run a stage 2 map? or should i just go ahead and do it? Its due for a tune up within 2k miles so what should i do? even though the engine i currently have has been taken really good care of, i want to get an engine that has lower miles on it at some point. So any advice would be great. Thanks

·
Premium Member
25,496 Posts
Id currently run the motor you have, and find one to build if you want to keep the car.. A stock replacement motor may cost you about the same as finding a used one for 200-400 (shortblock) and building it with performance parts.

Since you have to do the plugs, Id do a compression test/leak down test to figure if it has enough compression in its current state

·
Registered
159 Posts
Id currently run the motor you have, and find one to build if you want to keep the car.. A stock replacement motor may cost you about the same as finding a used one for 200-400 (shortblock) and building it with performance parts.
i would say go for the engine because then if your engine does go you can just swap it in. By getting a engine you can make it stronger and more reliably as torque said above ^, so it can handle more powerful mods. Well thats what im going too, i have around 160k mileage.

Torque motor is referring to electric, i hope you don't mean electric lol

1 - 3 of 3 Posts