ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so i have a chance to get a 2004 wrx with a blown engine for around $1000 and my friend just happens to have a twin turbo engine out of a 2002 forester which he was going to put into his 914 porshe. but anyway how different are these engines and can i swap them? im not sure if the wrx is turbo or not but looking at the price im going to gusse its N/A
any information or opinions greatly appreciated

·
Pro Manscaper
21,455 Posts
well if its a WRX, its turbo'd. If its not, then its a different Impreza (base, 2.5rs, etc)

But I can't say I'm too familiar with a Twin Turbo'd Subaru engine, unless its a older JDM Legacy GT engine. Sounds like that Forester doesn't have its original engine to begin with.

For the money and what you have, it sounds like a fun build project in front of you. However, it sounds like you need a whole lot more research than exactly what can be found here.

·
Premium Member
11,095 Posts
If it's a WRX then at one time or another it was turbocharged....the non turbo cars are 2.5RS's.

The TT JDM motors will not fit easily into that car. Just about any EJ motor will swap into it. Honestly if you can get it for that price and all you have to do is replace the motor I'd look for a used ej205 and replace it with that and then just sell the car. You could bank probaly 6-7k and not have that potential headache on your hands.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts