Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2010 Subaru Wrx shuts down when it’s warmed up and is very hard to start and keep running please help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
10,966 Posts
Any codes or anything? Have you done any diagnostics? Any strange or new sounds like knocking or whooshing?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just says cylinders misfiring which I know is not because I had new plugs installed once it warms up shuts down

·
Super Moderator
10,966 Posts
You just had new plugs installed, was this because of the misfire, and dying at temp? What misfire codes do you have? It would be worth pulling the plugs and coils on those cylinders and doing a visual inspection. It also wouldn't surprise me if someone damaged a coil twisting and pulling it to remove it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Installed A new turbo charger and new blow off valve Air cleaner new plugs new oil the oil filter Did all that when the turbo charger blew out have a stage 2 tune Nvidia exhaust Cobb intake Ran fine for a couple days then just started shutting off and miss firing

·
Super Moderator
10,966 Posts
You installed a factory turbo right?

·
Super Moderator
10,966 Posts
I want to lean towards something in the ignition. When coils start to go bad the expansion from the engine heat can cause them to foul. What cylinders is it giving you the misfire for?

·
Super Moderator
10,966 Posts
Change the coils to different cylinders and see if the error follows the coilpacka

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ok sounds good I try that thanks get back to u when I give it a try

Camshaft position sensor ended up being bad causing all the problems so far so good fingers crossed lol thanks

1 - 18 of 18 Posts