ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my WRX last weekend. I have noticed that the car shakes when its idling. Is this normal ?

The dealer said that they may have filled up my tank with regular instead of premium. And asked me to observe once I have refilled it with premium (which is in about 2 days).

·
2,472 Posts
ya know what's neat? after i did the grounding mod to my car, the engine "shaking" has been significantly minimized on my car. before the pulleys and belts would shake alot, but now they seem to run very smoothly. i'm quite satisfied with how the car's running now:D

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
ya dont worry about it, my car did the same thing. Its just the boxer engine. I dont think though that the STi engine mounts will reduce that vibration.

·
Registered
3,073 Posts
Nexus6 said:
I dont think though that the STi engine mounts will reduce that vibration.
Yea, I would think it might make it worse since they are stiffer, thus transfering more of the vibration.

·
Registered
363 Posts
They will help the engine not shake so much.
Think about it... which shakes more. A car with a wallowy loose suspension or a car with a stiff suspension?

The problem was the ENGINE shaking. Not the vibration. The new mounts will reduce engine movement.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts