Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

My friends have a 2013 WRX premium whose VIN would normally qualify for the third gen rod bearing lawsuit extended warranty, but we are now outside of that 100k/8-year warranty. We are currently awaiting a response from Subaru if it could still be replaced.

This WRX has been sitting in their yard for 2 years (70k on the body). My main question is: how much would it roughly cost to replace the engine, or what other options do we have? I'm assuming a bunch of other things will need to be replaced... including the tires, battery, alternator, spark plugs, fuel pump, etc.??

They may sell me the car for as low as a few grand, so piling money into the engine wouldn't be a huge deal.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
To it entirely at a good shop 10k give or take.
Thanks for the response. Is it worth ordering a prebuilt engine from somewhere like IAG and having a local shop do the work, having a local shop order one and replace it, or having Subaru replace it?

·
Registered
2010 wrx
31 Posts
Thanks for the response. Is it worth ordering a prebuilt engine from somewhere like IAG and having a local shop do the work, having a local shop order one and replace it, or having Subaru replace it?
depends on if you want to do that work yourself. have you done extensive engine work before?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts