Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my WRX, and i was wondering what the best engine mods are for max HP. I plan to do some 1/4 miles, but i need to mod my engine so my wrx has a better chance. Any suggestions on what the best parts would be?

·
1,911 Posts
MAX hp? Here you go:

Maxim Works Manifold
Toda racing 2.2 liter kit.
HKS GT3240 turbo
Tial 40mm wastegate
Some kind of standalone
Downpipe/exhaust
PE 800cc injectors
PE fuel pump
Blitz front mount intercooler with BOV and Blitz SUS filter kit

There you go. 600 HP after tuning no problem. Total cost--around $12,500 plus labor, machine shop charges and install time.

·
Registered
31 Posts
you missed the mission Dan :)

that's another 4-5k as well for a straight cut dog box
but you'd have a hell of a fast car, you could probably take out almost anything in a drag on the street and do 11 flat or better on the strip.

·
1,911 Posts
Actually he said engine mods. Didn't say ANYTHING about keeping the trans in one piece or a clutch to handle the power. Yes actually, you can go with a Kaaz close ratio gearbox for $3000 plus labor. Full synchro and should work fine. Okay I answered the question. Next time will you PLEASE be more speocific when you ask a question?

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
Dan my good man, I believe you unintentionally slipped out the price of the Kaaz box that you previously said one would have to PM or email you for....hehehe...
But thank's....it gives an interesting(ie cheaper) alternative than something like a MRT full doggy.
By the way, isn't there also a 2.4L stroker kit(I believe Rigoli offers one in OZ?).

·
1,911 Posts
Yes well, all for the sake of answering the question. The Kaaz unit is 4X stronger than stock so should be pretty good for 600 HP. I believe it is what Jun is using on their 600 HP GC8 WRX. I saw a video of that car and that is one mean car. As for the stroker kit, Jun offers a 2.5 liter kit but I'm worried about strength on such a kit. I'd like to stay at around 2.2-2.3 liters myself.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanx for the info guys. Sorry bout not being very specific, I'm new with this whole car thing, but i gotta start somewhere. so ya thanx again.

·
Moderating on the run!
7,322 Posts
John

I'm guessing you weren't looking for 600 hp;) . There are many ways to increase hp/tq for the wrx. There are several tuners (Cobb, Vishnu, TurboXs, others) who sell package upgrades and various stages of hp. The common demoniator on the three mentioned is they all use a specially mapped unichip (piggybacks your OE ecu) that influences fuel/air, timing, and ofcourse boost to some degree. In addition, various other components are included- intakes, exhaust pieces, pulleys, upgraded intercoolers/turbos/injectors etc.

Ofcourse you can forego the packaged upgrades and pick and choose your own components. Just do the research and ask the questions before going this route.

Try again with your question, as Dan mentioned- being more specific, ie I'd like to get into the mid 13's- what's the best route, I'd like to beat up on a Mustang GT- what do I need to do, you get the idea. Also use the search feature, it's a great tool. Doesn't always answer your questions, but usually imparts some good info. anyways.

Welcome aboard!

Big Sky

·
2,210 Posts
God said:
MAX hp? Here you go:

Maxim Works Manifold
Toda racing 2.2 liter kit.
HKS GT3240 turbo
Tial 40mm wastegate
Some kind of standalone
Downpipe/exhaust
PE 800cc injectors
PE fuel pump
Blitz front mount intercooler with BOV and Blitz SUS filter kit

There you go. 600 HP after tuning no problem. Total cost--around $12,500 plus labor, machine shop charges and install time.
Nice one. Good call! :p

·
2,210 Posts
John775 said:
Thanx for the info guys. Sorry bout not being very specific, I'm new with this whole car thing, but i gotta start somewhere. so ya thanx again.
Well, the first thing to do would be to quote your short-term and overall budget. What are your ultimate goals?

-Pace

1 - 10 of 10 Posts