ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2016 wrx. FMIC, turbo backs, Cobb air intake and stage 2 Cobb accesport map. What’s the best engine oil for my car , healthiest.

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
29,111 Posts
The answer is “yes.”

·
29,111 Posts
Go to Bob’s site and kook at UOAs but I’d defy anyone to find a bad oil in 2020.

If it meets the spec and is readily available and you can afford it, see what results others have had and then decide.

I’ve used Fuchs, Motul, Esso, BP, Agip, Mobil, Valvoline, Castrol, and store-branded oils and who knows how many others in my vehicles. I’ve never had an oiling failure.

The spec may be the only thing on the label that matters. Check the data and decide.

There is an exception: I will never buy Amsoil. Nope. It’s probably decent oil but the marketing makes me queasy.

Reactions: 16rex1

·
Premium Member
10,952 Posts
We use Fuchs lube at work. It's pretty awesome because we can buy are Fuchs in 55 gallon drums because otherwise we don't have any to give.

Seriously though, we just switched to using one of their cutting fluids. Really high quality stuff.

·
29,111 Posts
You must be using Ecocut!

·
Premium Member
10,952 Posts
Actually, I'm kind of curious about your familiarity with metal working fluids. I'm going to guess you are more than casually familiar with the field.

·
29,111 Posts
Nah, it’s not my field at all. I do know Fuchs supply a lot of the lubricants used in machining and precision cutting or milling — but I’m not involved in any way in that line of work.

·
Premium Member
10,952 Posts
Nah, it’s not my field at all. I do know Fuchs supply a lot of the lubricants used in machining and precision cutting or milling — but I’m not involved in any way in that line of work.
Thats an interesting factoid to just have bouncing around in the brain.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts