ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow wrx owners ,
I'm having a problem with my wrx . My car tends to burn oil from time to time ,Yesturday I'd checked the engine oil and it was empty, so I want out
and bought 2 quart of oil to refill it , took the car out to work on the following day , when I got home I check the oil level , and it double.
So where all the engine oil goes and where it all coming back from?.

·
Registered
367 Posts
When are u checking the oil . U should drive it and then park and wait about 15 min to let the oil sink back down into the pan . If your checking it right after u shutdown that may be why your not seeing much oil . An then if u check like in the morning before work your gonna see alot more since it drained down over night . Check it after its been driven and wait 15 min.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When are u checking the oil . U should drive it and then park and wait about 15 min to let the oil sink back down into the pan . If your checking it right after u shutdown that may be why your not seeing much oil . An then if u check like in the morning before work your gonna see alot more since it drained down over night . Check it after its been driven and wait 15 min.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did let it sit for more than 15 mn. Not sure what where those oil went if not burn.

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
What they said. You need to let it sit for a while before checking, and do it on perfectly level ground.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts