ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a part that costs around $50 that helps to reduce the noise in cabin of 2017 WRX CVT limited. There was an article about the similarities in the dashboards of crosstek, legacies, foresters, etc. The article mentioned that Subaru for cost savings reasons did not install this part on 2017s WRX. I purchased the part from Ramsey 2 years ago and when I contacted them to locate the part, the parts department needed more info which I did not have. Can anyone point me to the part or the article?

·
Registered
39 Posts
I am looking for a part that costs around $50 that helps to reduce the noise in cabin of 2017 WRX CVT limited. There was an article about the similarities in the dashboards of crosstek, legacies, foresters, etc. The article mentioned that Subaru for cost savings reasons did not install this part on 2017s WRX. I purchased the part from Ramsey 2 years ago and when I contacted them to locate the part, the parts department needed more info which I did not have. Can anyone point me to the part or the article?
i do not have the specific part your referring to but i could suggest using rubber foam throughout the areas where noise seems to emit. I drive a 2013 subaru wrx, the plastics are always rattling and making noises (i live in a colder climate, things tend to compact). I used rubber (found rubber for garage frames) mat throughout the areas that make noise to allow the noise to travel within the rubber (too much science to get into details). Also Best Buy sells mats to reduce cabin noise for sound systems. As for a single $50 part to reduce all cabin noise is almost nearly close to a lie than you'd expected. Its impossible to use 1 item to reduce the noise in cabin, we are not there yet unless they provide noise cancelling technology from headphones into car (i believe they provide opposite wave frequency to cancel out external noise, not 100% sure on what the terminology is for those projects). Anyways - BONAM FORTUNAM!

·
Registered
39 Posts
i do not have the specific part your referring to but i could suggest using rubber foam throughout the areas where noise seems to emit. I drive a 2013 subaru wrx, the plastics are always rattling and making noises (i live in a colder climate, things tend to compact). I used rubber (found rubber for garage frames) mat throughout the areas that make noise to allow the noise to travel within the rubber (too much science to get into details). Also Best Buy sells mats to reduce cabin noise for sound systems. As for a single $50 part to reduce all cabin noise is almost nearly close to a lie than you'd expected. Its impossible to use 1 item to reduce the noise in cabin, we are not there yet unless they provide noise cancelling technology from headphones into car (i believe they provide opposite wave frequency to cancel out external noise, not 100% sure on what the terminology is for those projects). Anyways - BONAM FORTUNAM!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
4 Participants
Smichaels
ClubWRX Forum
We invite you to join our Subaru Impreza WRX and STi community to discuss engine mods, builds, detailing, and more.
Full Forum Listing