Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good day to everybody. I'm Tony from the Philippines and I own a 2016 WRX. My problem is that there are only a few Subaru tuners here in the Philippines. They may be proficient with EJ engines but I still have doubt on their skill with the new FA20. I contacted COBB and they said they only support USDM and some Australian models with their Access Port. I was contemplating if I can get away with the following mods without a tune:

1. TGV delete. If I remove the butterfly valve in the TGV mechanism, will this work? From different forums, many do this on EJ engines without needing a tune.
2. EGR delete. Install an EGR kit but hang the motor/electronic assembly while still connected to the harness.

Will those procedure affect or degrade engine performance? Any Check Engine lights? Hope to hear from you guys. TIA.

·
Super Moderator
10,966 Posts
In the past you could gut the tgv. I can't speak to the egr, if I'm not mistaken fuel delivery is based off of it's duty cycle to a point.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll go first with TGV butterfly delete. Many STI owners experience a little roughness in idling but its tolerable. The gains in throttle response offset the minor drawback. But then again those are STIs with EJ engine. Anyway I can always return the butterflies.

As for the EGR delete, I'll just wait for news in our local forum. Thanks XJman, you've been very helpful.

·
Super Moderator
10,966 Posts
Thanks man, I wish I knew more about the non domestic vehicles. You might be able to contact a company like haltec I know they deal with standalone ecu's they may know of or have a solution for you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts