ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok on our new '12 wrx premium i want to do the following mods to the car which has SPT exhaust.
Grim Cross pipe, uppipe with external wastgate {Brand?},, catless downpipe{brand} and the grim adaptor,,, and an engine ECU management{Brand?}

i see most people do not put on the crosspipe,,Why is this, as it seems essential? and with the external wastgate is the divorced downpie preffered? and would a BOV be needed or can do without? for ecu management should it be like romraider or just AP with pro tune, and what are advatages to each? would i have to install and new air intake?? i would not want to go beyond this unless somebody suggests something good or essential to the mods..thanks Jeff

·
Registered
254 Posts
Before power improvement I would go with mechanics, and handling. First, sways, coils, and braces. You need it to be stiff enough to be able to stay on the road.

·
Premium Member
15,697 Posts
ok on our new '12 wrx premium i want to do the following mods to the car which has SPT exhaust.
Grim Cross pipe, uppipe with external wastgate {Brand?},, catless downpipe{brand} and the grim adaptor,,, and an engine ECU management{Brand?}

i see most people do not put on the crosspipe,,Why is this, as it seems essential? and with the external wastgate is the divorced downpie preffered? and would a BOV be needed or can do without? for ecu management should it be like romraider or just AP with pro tune, and what are advatages to each? would i have to install and new air intake?? i would not want to go beyond this unless somebody suggests something good or essential to the mods..thanks Jeff
The cross pipe has not proven to everyone's satisfaction, and one moderator took it off because his power curve got worse. That was a stock size turbo. Invidia catted DP or MadDad catted DWG (I don't know anything about external wastegates). No BOV is needed and it will not help anything. Intake is not needed but may help with a tune. Ask the tuner's preference. Romraider uses your laptop, and honestly has a lot more features for monitoring your tune. Cobb is more $$ and has convenience and some other features. Better to pick a tuner and follow their lead before buying any of that stuff you mentioned.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well since i live in ND and only 600 thou, people i dont think we have any tuners...although for my '74 mercedes 450slc i did build the megasquirt board{very good equipment and used by many drag racer's} and installed on my engine and use megalog for logging i did get that car running very nice...but i am not going to attempt this one as way more items and cant afford a screw up...maybe after getting a tune and looking at the logs i am sure i could handle it..
so are there any tuners that can help me remote?? if i made list of wanted mods and brands that he could make a tune for rom raider and then i can log and he can help.. i would appreciate a few guys sites or such ...thanks jeff

·
Premium Member
15,697 Posts
One of many that could be recommended. It would be opensource (not Cobb) IIRC.

555 Motorsports

1 - 9 of 9 Posts