ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got into my car yesterday mourning and my Check Engine light was on, my traction light was on(the one on the left that only comes on when you break traction), and my cruise light was BLINKING.. So after driving for a while, I finally got mad and cleared the code.

---Evaporative Emission System Leak Detected (Large Leak)---

The car drives fine btw.

So I'm going to call the dealer today and tell them whats up.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
Check your gas cap, make sure it's tightened properly.

·
Registered
102 Posts
my traction light was on and my cruise light was BLINKING..?
Just FYI, this happens any time the check engine light comes on, at least in the 2008+ models. I know it prevents you from using cruise control which I guess is a deterrent to prevent you from damaging the car if there was something seriously wrong, but does anyone have any idea if this actually shuts off the traction control?

·
Registered
25 Posts
I got into my car yesterday mourning and my Check Engine light was on, my traction light was on(the one on the left that only comes on when you break traction), and my cruise light was BLINKING.. So after driving for a while, I finally got mad and cleared the code.

---Evaporative Emission System Leak Detected (Large Leak)---
My '12 did the exact same thing, it was the gas cap, you can tighten it several clicks, but if you'r not careful and turn the cap counter clockwise at all it will release and you'll get that light, for me it was 75 miles into a tank full, when I checked the cap it was not tight.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts