ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just had a the motor out and a couple of days after it was back in just cruising at 35 mph the engine cut out had on and off several times, while it cut the Check engine light came on but when it cut back in it went off. Drove home and it was fine. today i was driving it again ad it starting doing it again cutting on and off repeatedly and finally cut off altogether. i was able to limp the car to the side of the road and let it idle for about 5 minutes. drove it to the dealer and it drove fine and dropped it off. They are going to drive the car and do some data logging. but my luck they wont be able to reproduce the symptom because it doesnt happen all the time. anybody got any suggestions? thank you.

·
Premium Member
6,501 Posts
Just because the CEL turned off doesn't mean it is not still in memory. Get the DTC .

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We hooked it up to the code scanner but there was nothing in the memory. The dealership is datalogging it right now and hopefully it's something simple. When they originally gave my car back to me after the head gasket replacement the technition forgot to plug back in the knock sensor!

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
What tune are you running to support those mods?

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It was tuned by randy at national speed inc. never had any problem like this before. The motor was pulled out by the dealer to replace gaskets and seals. When I got the car back it started cutting off and on while driving normal. I brought it right back I the dealership and the said they were going to check it all out seeing how this problem did not occur until they worked on it. They were Suposed to get back with me today but they didn't.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Ok the dealer just called me and said they think it's either the ECU or the ignition switch relay. If its the ECU than I am going to have to get my car re-tuned. The technition is on the technition hotline because he probably doesnt know his ass from a hole in the ground.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts