Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys. I have a 2017 WRX premium and only have 70k miles on it. I travel a lot so it a daily car for me but it is maintenance kept within Subaru and always has been. I dont beat the car at all and was driving yesterday when I heard a knocking sound in my engine. Subaru told me that my engine is blown and I am 10k over my warranty. I know there is a class action pending about motors of a 2.5L but mine is only a 2.0L and they haven't told me exactly what happened or why it blew up. Has anyone else heard of or know someone with a 2.0L blowing up? I take great care of the care, and they are giving me a very hard time about paying for since im over the warranty but I am just beside myself at why ive done everything on my part with maintenance and somehow they think I should be the one paying for and they are not at fault in anyway for the design. I would really appreciate some feed back. Thanks

·
Super Moderator
11,417 Posts
It's out of warranty, it's a risk you assume. This is also a reason many people don't recommend the small turbo 4pots like the wrx, STI, focus RS and st as daily drivers.

A wrx engine failure is nothing new, but without knowing what your failure was i can only speculate to what could be the cause.

·
Æternum
15,855 Posts
I take great care of the care, and they are giving me a very hard time about paying for since im over the warranty but I am just beside myself at why ive done everything on my part with maintenance and somehow they think I should be the one paying for and they are not at fault in anyway for the design. I would really appreciate some feed back. Thanks
Unfortunately you will be the one paying. You are beyond their warranty terms.

You have no legal discourse to pursue Subaru at this point.

·
Registered
361 Posts
You are out of warranty so all repairs are on you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts