ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2009 WRX Base model .. got it used at 28,000 miles. The car doesnt want to start everytime. IT wont even attempt to turn over. But its only happening 1 time for every 15 times I try it .. (sometimes)

I have taken the car to 2 different subaru dealerships and not one is able to tell me what is wrong.
One of them did say the car at one time had an access port hooked up which means to me it was re mapped. Bow, I was wondering if the car ECU is set on a stage 2 would running it stock cause these start up issues? .. I have no idea what the ECU is at but the car is completely stock right now.

Please Help me figure this out. Its a huge problem. I'm actually extrememly sick with a failing liver and I need to be able to get to the hospital whenever I have to go but I can't exactly do that with a Car tht wont start.

Anyone know anything?! Please help

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Standard or automatic transmission?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Any aftermarket security system installed or been installed in that car? I had a gremlin like that and it was a loose ground.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Im not sure. .. The car is with another subaru dealership right now and they still can't figure it out. Thats 3 Different dealerships now .. none can figure this out. So you're saying possibly an aftermarket alarm? what if it was taaken out of the car would it still be doing that?

·
Premium Member
25,496 Posts
Yes it does flash .. Everything is normal except it wont start. doesnt even crank.
My 02 did that and they told me the oem keyless entry system was in valet mode and told me over the phone how to reset it.. Never did it again after that.. My 05 did the same thing about 3 weeks ago.. Called again walked me thru it and hasn't done it since..

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
okay .... Who do I call because like I said its been to 3 dealerships and none can figure it out. If that is the case what should I look for to pin point that as the problem... I wish I had my car to record what it does. But I really do appreciate the input

·
something else forever
3,897 Posts
Did you ever find the fix? My 04 Sti is doing the same thing! Please help!
Hello and welcome! :)

I believe GT800 has answered the question! :D

You on the other hand should introduce yourself in the "NEW MEMBER" part of the forums! :wave:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts