Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have access to electrical diagrams applicable to a 2003 WRX?

Trying to find out everything that’s on the #3 under dash fuse (labeled “door lock”) and the under hood “clock/room” fuse [which seems to include at least the domelight, the dash clock, the radio, and the remote receiver].

Both circuits seem to be playing a role in draining my battery quickly when parked. Trying to narrow down which specific components are at fault.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
11,442 Posts
I know the factory service manuals are floating around online. They should have the wiring diagrams there

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know the factory service manuals are floating around online. They should have the wiring diagrams there
Thanks for the response.

I had a harder time than I expected finding them (this was my second attempt) but finally did. Man, those Diagrams are a mess to follow, but I figured them out.

It’s a hopelessly long list of things I’d have to take apart to test individually, and some I wouldn’t even know how to test. In the end, it would probably be something like the doorlock control module, which is the only thing on sub box fuse #3, or ripping the dash apart for the radio on main box #8

I think I’ll just make a habit of keeping it on the float charger if I’m parking it for more than a day or two.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
11,442 Posts
I opened a can of worms when I went to fix my broken power window switch. I know your pain

1 - 4 of 4 Posts