ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I came into some money and was thinking of getting an up/dp combo to go with my blitz nur spec i have. But was reading up and alot said dont to a catless dp with out em, said was semi safe for mine a 2.0 but not the 2.5. So i think im going to play it safe and wait untill i can get a cobb for my up/dp.

And if anyones wanting to know my goal is around 300awhpish.
Looking at up/dp/catback, pinks, vf22/34 not sure yet, kinda leaning to the 22 for a little more topend, a walbro 255lph fuel pump. sti TMI or mabey a used aftermarket( what ever i find at the time). and a cobb accesport. and then an RA gear set to hold the power.

This sound like a good idea for both the up/dp one and my goals?

·
Registered
92 Posts
a friend of mine rana 30r with a hybrid he made 420 and had the stock trans in it im guessing its all in how you drive the car launching and ripping threw the gears im running all catless and everything is fine with mine and i have cobb em

·
Registered
94 Posts
I though this was gonna be about how much the Chicago "EL" sucks :rolleyes:.

·
In Memoriam
3,733 Posts
vf22/34 not sure yet, kinda leaning to the 22 for a little more topend
I really don't care for the VF22. It has the spool-up of an TD05H-18G or TD05H-20G without their nice topend.

All the VF series turbos are going to make 5-10whp of each other properly tuned. I'd go VF30 or VF39, those are the most cost effective VF turbos.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts