·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what years and models didthe ej22t come in

·
Registered
707 Posts
The venerable ej22t showed up in the 91-94 Legacy turbos (wagon & sedan). In stock form, it ran a non-intercooled ~10 lbs of boost out of a smallish VF10 or VF11. The heads had a single overhead cam per bank.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i was thinking they also came over in the loyale.Now i know that most of the legacys are auto if im bolting this up to a manual where do i source a new ecu...Also what trim level did the 22t come in :ie LS. or are all ls model listed as 2.2 turbo

·
Registered
707 Posts
The loyales had the EA series motors. Don't even bother with them.

The majority of the legacy turbos were auto, but some of the sedans were offered with a 5sp. You should be able to find an ECU from an older manual. Talk to Joe at Tarmac. I think he has a couple of hookups for used parts.

As for the trim level - the wagons were referred to as a "Touring Wagon". The sedan was just referred to as the turbo sedan.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah i know thats whats scary but for older cars like mine its a easy bolt in

·
Registered
92 Posts
Dizzy is correct. (Paul please do not use the "L" word (loyale) in my presence they should have that word stricken from this boards vocab.) And the sedan s were refered to as "sport sedan". These were really nice cars for their time just be cautious. Many Turbo Legacy owners refused to maintain the cars properly. These owners later went on to become SVX and H6 owners. What are you going to use the engine for? I have one in my current project car and Mark R showed great results using that block. They are strong and very reliable but the STI has better lower end torque. All heads bolt on, sohc, dohc, wrx.

Joseph

·
Registered
320 Posts
If you change heads to dohc from any other subaru, your going to need to change pistons otherwise the CR will fall down into the 7's.The wrx heads are pretty much the only heads besides the stock ej22t heads that would be reasonable. Only the wrx heads have the matching coolant passages in them that the 22t heads have. Also when using wrx heads you need the wrx intake also because the 22t intake manifold will not fit on ej20t heads.

There is a lot more to it but that's the basics. If you want to research it, go to http://bbs.legacycentral.org/ and do a search.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Mine = 7.4:1 daily. Those who have driven/ridden in the car can attest that there is definately no lack of low end torque ;) Just do a search for my thread where I broke an axle.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Tarmac-USA said:
Dizzy is correct. (Paul please do not use the "L" word (loyale) in my presence they should have that word stricken from this boards vocab.) And the sedan s were refered to as "sport sedan". These were really nice cars for their time just be cautious. Many Turbo Legacy owners refused to maintain the cars properly. These owners later went on to become SVX and H6 owners. What are you going to use the engine for? I have one in my current project car and Mark R showed great results using that block. They are strong and very reliable but the STI has better lower end torque. All heads bolt on, sohc, dohc, wrx.

Joseph
IM just gonna use it for a motor swap and tune it for some mountain running

1 - 10 of 10 Posts