Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Moderating U!
4,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Got my Eibach Pro Kit springs installed by Chris from I-Speed this weekend. Took him about a little over an hour to complete. He didn't use any spring compressors since it they are truly unneccesary.

I love my car even more now. The stance is perfect IMO. Not too low, and took a lot of the fender gap away in the front of the car. I don't scrape on any of the speed bumps I go over on the private road I live on. The ride is fantastic. Feels like I am riding on pillows at all 4 corners. The ride feels better than stock. Not bouncy at all. Most of the body roll from what I can feel is gone. Came home from the SLAYER show last ngiht and had a high speed mountain run. I went through the corners about 5 mph faster than I used to be able to.

We ran out of time so I didn't get my uppipe installed yet. But it is coming hopefully soon.

I also took some pics. I will post 1 here, and please go check out my website I am building right now at:

http://kurleedaddee.50megs.com

Kurlee Daddee
(THE ORIGINAL)

·
Registered
9,138 Posts
Holy $h!t that looks good :)

That picture is huge also!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Your car is looking great!:) I also have the Eibach pro kit installed on my WRX. I'll post a pic of my WRX tomorrow from the same angle so you can take a look.:cool:

·
Premium Member
6,750 Posts
Looks great! Time to paint your stock sideskirts or get some painted OEM ones :D

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
AWESOME! Exactly what I would have done if WRB had been available. Me is the jealous. :mad: :p

·
Registered
198 Posts
didn't need a spring compressor?

I have a set of these that have been collecting dust in my closet. Since you mention a spring compressor was not used, did he have to physically push the eibach spring down to make it fit the strut? Also, was it difficult to take the top of the strut out?

·
Moderating U!
4,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: didn't need a spring compressor?

All8up said:
I have a set of these that have been collecting dust in my closet. Since you mention a spring compressor was not used, did he have to physically push the eibach spring down to make it fit the strut? Also, was it difficult to take the top of the strut out?
Yeah when you take out the strut, you need to take out the back seat completely, take off all 3 nuts off of the tops of the struts take the dust covers off, and then thread one of the nuts back on one of the bolts. This just holds the strut up so when you do the work from the bottom it doesn't come shooting downward.

Then when you get it out, lay the strut on the ground, pointing away from you and take off the top nut. Once the nut is off the spring will release but it isn't under much tension so it won't go flying too far. :D

Then take the white snubber, the rubber thing that slides onto the piston of the strut off and snip one section off of the top of it for the front, and two sections off the top of it for the rear.

For the reinstall of the spring. It is easier done with two people. Put the spring in place on the strut, put the cap over it and have one person pushing down. It isn't that hard to push these springs down. Then have the other person thread the nut on. Then tighten it down. Its that easy.

Then when you install the strut. Put it up into place and put one nut on one of the bolts but don't tighten it all the way. Then reassemble everything. It is not too hard.

Good Luck,
Kurlee Daddee
(THE ORIGINAL)

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
Kurlee--

What color are your battles? They look like bronze, but I'm not quite sure:confused:

·
Moderating U!
4,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Here's another bump. Sorry. I can't seem to find a free web hosting service that will allow me to pull pictures from their server. This is just a test. Sorry for my self-BUMP. Anyone know of a good one out there? I am trying webshots.com.

Kurlee Daddee
(THE ORIGINAL)

·
Moderating U!
4,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
KurleeDaddeeWRX said:
I don't scrape on any of the speed bumps I go over on the private road I live on. The ride is fantastic. Feels like I am riding on pillows at all 4 corners. The ride feels better than stock. Not bouncy at all. Most of the body roll from what I can feel is gone. http://kurleedaddee.50megs.com

Kurlee Daddee
(THE ORIGINAL)

Uber here is how the car feels with the new Eibachs!!!

Kurlee Daddee
(THE ORIGINAL

·
Registered
10 Posts
Looks great! Are you riding on the stock struts?

·
Moderating U!
4,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yes. Still riding on the stock struts. Couldn't afford new ones at the time. But the ride is almost like stock. 2 Friends have driven with me and I had to tell them I put new springs in. And they are car enthusiasts. They both said, feels like it did before. I say the same thing.

Kurlee Daddee
(THE ORIGINAL)

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Wow... Sounds like I may have Eibachs in my future. I love the way that the H&R's make my ride look - but it's rough as HE** on bumpy roads. :-(

KurleeDaddeeWRX said:
Yes. Still riding on the stock struts. Couldn't afford new ones at the time. But the ride is almost like stock. 2 Friends have driven with me and I had to tell them I put new springs in. And they are car enthusiasts. They both said, feels like it did before. I say the same thing.

Kurlee Daddee
(THE ORIGINAL)

·
Moderating U!
4,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I have seen that H&R springs lower the WRX a lot more than Eibachs. It depends what you are looking for. I was looking for minimal lowering and less body roll. I wanted to lower but not more than 1.5 inches in the front. H&R drops almost 2 inches in the front. And I have heard from a lot of people that the ride is harsh with H&R's. But if you want the lowered look go for H&R. They are both made in Germany.

Kurlee Daddee
(THE ORIGINAL)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.