ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so I am looking to upgrade sway bars on my 03 WRX. just got new wheels and tires so these are next on the upgrade list. specifically looking at this set

Eibach Sway Bar Kit Front 22mm / Rear Adjustable 22mm Subaru WRX Sedan 2002-2003 at RallySportDirect.com

but had some questions before I buy.

First off, does anyone have any insight about this kit? I'm pretty much leaning on because of the price and because I've read a few posts that say good about eibach sway bars. Wanted to know if I'm better off getting an adjustable front sway AND the adjustable rear sway in the end??? this kit only comes with the rear sway adjustable and the front fixed.

Second, would I need to upgrade end links? I would definitely look at upgrading the end links if it came to it but then theres more $$ for those on top of the sway price.

After doing the research, I've increased my budget to about $400 more or less. don't want to go too crazy but definitely don't want to go cheap when it comes to suspension parts.

My car is a daily driver with occasional canyon driving (cali coast) to and from work. really just looking to get the overall feel of the car a little tighter when it comes to cornering.

thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
10,943 Posts
Eibach sways aren't bad.. at least I've never heard anything negative about them. Adjustable front or not is up to you. Since you're just daily driving the car and not competing with it it probably doesn't matter. Personally, I went with Whiteline 24mm adjustable front and rear. The front is adjustable from 24 to 26mm. 26 will be better for serious autox, but can be twitchy for a daily driver. Having both adjustable gives you more room to dial things in.

You should upgrade endlinks when you do the sways. Aftermarket endlinks are simply better, and the stock ones can break when paired with a stiffer aftermarket bad. Actually, they can break with the OEM bar, so it's always a good idea to upgrade them.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the insight. your right about the adjustable, it would be nice to have the option of adjusting the sways should i feel i need to. well the eibach pack comes with their own end links for the rear, not too sure about the front (will look into it), i'm thinking those should be good enough?

·
Premium Member
10,943 Posts
They'll definitely be an improvement. No reason to go overboard on a daily driver, there's a trade off between performance and comfort.. but of course I don't always follow what I preach.

·
Registered N00b
263 Posts
MainFrame, will your recommendations on sway thickness apply also to the 2012 sti? I pretty much have the same questions and driving situations as Scooby but just with a different car lol.

Didnt mean to thread jack though, Scooby. But i didnt wanna start a new thread and get nuked with "repost" comments.

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
I put a set of Eibach sways on my Porsche last month and they made a huge difference in the handling. The car has zero body roll now and just feels more solid. Eibach makes excellent products so I'd have no reservations about recommending them for your Subaru.

For a daily driver the adjustability isn't such a big deal, but it can be a nice feature to really dial in the feel of the car. You can definitely leave the stock endlinks on there, especially for a daily driver. Under track conditions you'd probably want some aftermarket links. The stock ones will wear faster with a stiffer bar and could break at some point, but they should be perfectly fine for a lot of miles. Your budget is only $400 which would be the cost of just endlinks so just get the bars for now.

The front is adjustable from 24 to 26mm.
What do you mean by this? :confused:

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
teflon_jones said:
What do you mean by this? :confused:
A 24mm adjustable front sway from Whiteline has two settings: 24mm / 26mm

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
never heard of adjustables actually changing the diameter of the bar?!?!? lol but hey I could be wrong.

no worries on the hijack (lol) we are all here to learn and help each other out. I'm probably gonna end up getting the eibach kit. I got eibach sways on my rx7 way back and had no issues with the stock end links on that car. just wanted to have my precautions cleared up.

again thank you all.

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
scoobydoobyroo said:
never heard of adjustables actually changing the diameter of the bar?!?!? lol but hey I could be wrong.

no worries on the hijack (lol) we are all here to learn and help each other out. I'm probably gonna end up getting the eibach kit. I got eibach sways on my rx7 way back and had no issues with the stock end links on that car. just wanted to have my precautions cleared up.

again thank you all.
The bar diameter stays the same. Based on the endlink hole you choose, it adjusts the stiffness.

·
Premium Member
10,943 Posts
The bar diameter stays the same. Based on the endlink hole you choose, it adjusts the stiffness.

^this.. the bar is 24mm, but if the endlinks are connected to the holes closer to the center of the bar the stiffness is the same as a 26mm bar.

As far as sways for a newer gen WRX, I would have to ask around. You could always email the guys at Turn in Concepts .. that's what I did when deciding what would be best for my car.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts