Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi to all,

A tuner here in Switzerland have installed the EGT sonda of the Greddy instrument, in the downpipe, just after the turbo.

I told him that I've heard and seen installed in the uppipe or on the 3 cylinder collector.
He told me that i'm wrong, it's right like he have done.

I'm wrong or He don't understand nothing?

Ciao

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
I belive the JDM EGT guage has a sensor in the DP.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank You for replaying,

I ask this because i have to install my greddy EGT too.
Now , i'msure where and how.

thank again

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
It's pretty standard to have your EGT sender within 4" of your exhaust port. It's debatable, but most say you're better off on the passenger exhaust manifold (the cylinder farthest in sequential fuel distribution and thus the leanest is on that side)...

·
Registered
190 Posts
when i bought my car the egt was installed in the downpipe. that changed very quickly, now its close to the end of my up-pipe on the manifold side. i did this because tempuratures increase when you force hot exhaust gases from 4 into 1, and because the turbo absorbs heat energy which causes the temps to be lower on the downpipe side. so all in all i recommend putting it in the end of the manifold or in the lower end of the up-pipe. the book maximum boost explains this very well, or if you really want to understand..... a thermodynamics course wouldn't hurt :wiggles:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts