Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well the EGT is now installed on the car. I went from putting the car on the A pillar, then the dash and I ended up putting it inside the cup holder. I know it's not the most visable spot, but seeing my car was just keyed, I'm a bit paranoid about my car right now.
Anyways....the EGT probe is mounted into the passenger manifold.
Here's some observations...
My car is running really [email protected] 14psi w the SAFC @ -1% 1k-4k, I was not able to reach 800c EGTs in 4th gear at redline.
I eventually ended up with my boost @ 16psi w/ the SAFC @ -3% from 1k-4k and -2% from 5k-6k and -1% @ 7k. Under a full load in 4th gear I was barely seeing 800c.
I'm certain after I put sti injectors in my car I will probably have to lean the mixture out far more.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also, I'm curious to see what other people are getting as EGT readings. On the way to work today cruising @ 70-75mph in 5th gear I was seeing 700-7100C.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have the STi injectors w/ the PE1818 and Bltiz FMIC and I took out 4-18% depending on the rpm. My egt when cruising is right at 700c and 720c at WOT. I am still running quite rich also.

Whats mods do you have done?

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
VF30, catless turbo back, SAFC, MBC...some other stuff..

Did you lean out the low throttle settings as well? I'm thinking about doing that today.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I only took out 5% at lo throttle settings til I get my delta dash and in-car o2 wideband. I am not sure if the lo throttle settings work too well with the ecu because of the open/close loop. I tuned my car on a 4wd dyno for all the hi throttle settings but its not really possible to dyno a car for the lo throttle settings.

·
Registered
160 Posts
You should set all your LO throttle settings to a fixed amount to counteract bigger injectors. That way, when you reset, you can save the ECU the time and aggrivation of making it readjust it all back out. Set your low throttle point to wherever open/closed loop transition is (use an A/F Ratiometer to find this or the O2 voltage from the S-AFC sensor monitor screed). I leave it up to you to find where the hi needs to be (I don't know for the EJ20).
If you don't have injectors, don't touch your LO settings; you don't need it.

Hope this helps

1 - 6 of 6 Posts