ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting tuned today. I have a locked ecutec ecu right now. So here is my dilemma. He can remap my ecu using ecutec. Or I can pay to do the AP. What's everyone's opinion?!

Sent from Mattman's G2X

·
Æternum
20,623 Posts
Do you have an accessport? I'm confused. Are you asking if the tuner should tune with ECUtek or should you buy an AP and have it tuned with AccessTuner?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you have an accessport? I'm confused. Are you asking if the tuner should tune with ECUtek or should you buy an AP and have it tuned with AccessTuner?
Read it slow.......

I have a locked ecutek ecu .....I do not have AP. I'm looking for advice. Whether to pay for the AP or have a new map installed on my "ecutek" ecu.

Sent from Mattman's G2X

·
Æternum
20,623 Posts
Read it slow.......

I have a locked ecutek ecu .....I do not have AP. I'm looking for advice. Whether to pay for the AP or have a new map installed on my "ecutek" ecu.

Sent from Mattman's G2X
The AP costs $700. To me, that's a no-brainer.

·
SuperNova
11,904 Posts
Completely up to you and your cash flow. Ecutek will get you there, AP allows greater flexibility and functionality.

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
Do they use Ecutek RaceRom? If so, there's some interesting features available, and may be worth a look.

·
Pro Manscaper
21,455 Posts
Read it slow.......

Sent from Mattman's G2X
Read it slow...still....no.....comprende..........

You weren't exactly clear. I would have asked the exact same question. Nowhere in your original post did you specify if you had purchased an AP and wanted to use that, or not.

Personally, I wouldn't pay for the cost of an AP AND a Tune...that's waaaaay more money than you need to shell out to get the desired results. Just go for the ECUtek tune.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Read it slow...still....no.....comprende..........

You weren't exactly clear. I would have asked the exact same question. Nowhere in your original post did you specify if you had purchased an AP and wanted to use that, or not.

Personally, I wouldn't pay for the cost of an AP AND a Tune...that's waaaaay more money than you need to shell out to get the desired results. Just go for the ECUtek tune.
Thanks. As to my original post, if I had AP then I would of posted it

Thanks for the responses gentlemen. Ecutek it is!

Sent from Mattman's G2X

·
Æternum
20,623 Posts
Does the tuner do OpenSource? A lot of cool stuff nowadays with opensource and RomRaider will allow you to tweak the map yourself later down the line (unlike the ECUtek and Cobb AP which lock the ECU).

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Does the tuner do OpenSource? A lot of cool stuff nowadays with opensource and RomRaider will allow you to tweak the map yourself later down the line (unlike the ECUtek and Cobb AP which lock the ECU).
Its dynocomp. Do not know if they do opensourse. I had a friend, who is a tuner, look at it and see that its a locked ecutek subscription. I need to do emissions ASAP. With the tbe and cai my check engine light is on. I just need this taken care of. With the perk of a tune ;)

Sent from Mattman's G2X

·
Æternum
20,623 Posts
Its dynocomp. Do not know if they do opensourse. I had a friend, who is a tuner, look at it and see that its a locked ecutek subscription. I need to do emissions ASAP. With the tbe and cai my check engine light is on. I just need this taken care of. With the perk of a tune ;)

Sent from Mattman's G2X
What's the code? Are you sure that the CEL isn't from the EGT sensor presuming you've replaced your uppipe?

·
Registered
241 Posts
i hate it when i read through a thread only to learn nothing and now im left with so many questions... what was the code, did you get a tune, did you go with ecutek or ap, is there a general consensus on which is better, did you pass emissions?
you think i would learn my lesson not to get so invested. why cant every problem be like a children's story?

·
Pro Manscaper
21,455 Posts
i hate it when i read through a thread only to learn nothing and now im left with so many questions... what was the code, did you get a tune, did you go with ecutek or ap, is there a general consensus on which is better, did you pass emissions?
you think i would learn my lesson not to get so invested. why cant every problem be like a children's story?
I think the only thing to learn here, is that you should probably broaden your search to include more than a single thread that hasn't been touched in a month and a half.

·
Pro Manscaper
21,455 Posts
...touche
But hey, perhaps you used search in the first place, which helped you come across this thread. Meaning you are a step way ahead of many other newbs. So kudos to you :cool:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts