ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 07 subaru wrx. I recently bought a BFM cable and loaded the ecuflash, romraider, and learning view programs onto my computer. The learning view reads just fine and I can log with romraider, but I can not read my ecu with ecuflash. I've read countless of forums about reinstalling and so and so. So I did that a lot and still no luck. I have read where some people say that this can be caused by having another program's map on the ecu which would be no big deal if it wont for the fact that I bought the car the way it is and if it does have a program on it I have no way of telling nor do I know how to tell. Any ideas on what I could do in this situation? Is there any way to find out if my ecu has been flashed with a map from another program?

·
Premium Member
6,501 Posts
The issue is because the same guy that designed and built the Tactrix cable is the same person that created Ecuflash. Therfore Ecuflash contains special digitally signed drivers that are designed for use with the Tactrix cable only. You need to install the drivers manually for the BFM cable.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea I downloaded the ecuflash program from BFM's website and when I went to open ecuflash it said it was outdated and I needed to update the program. So was I not suppose to update the program? Cause other than that I pulled the ecuflash definitions that I was suppose to get from BFM's website

·
Premium Member
6,501 Posts
The issue is because the same guy that designed and built the Tactrix cable is the same person that created Ecuflash. Therfore Ecuflash contains special digitally signed drivers that are designed for use with the Tactrix cable only. You need to install the drivers manually for the BFM cable.
Read this again,slowly,like 2 more times.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts