ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok well i got a base map froma company that i will not name, my stock ecu was raped by cobb so i couldnt get ecutek flashed on it...

so the company i orderd my ecu from gave me a 04 standard ecu, and i have an 04 automatic, they told me that they didnt program the ecu for a manuel but for an automatic....

but isnt it true that the ecu's are diffrent? they said they didnt change hardware but only software, because hardware you dont have to change......

what do you guys think?

i been getting rough idles and cylinder 1 missfires... maybe its jsut the heat because it doesnt happen until i turn the a/c on

is EcuTek and a/c just bad?

EDIT: i know i repeat my questions over month's but noone ever gives me a straight foward answer, please help me so i can solve these issues

·
Registered
21 Posts
I runnin EcuTek on my O4 wagon and uses A/C almost everyday that is hot. I don't have any problem. My question for you is, did you get your car custom tuned or was it just a reflashed using someone else's map? You shouldn't be having that kind of problems if you got it custom tuned to you car mods.

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
KoolWgnRex said:
I runnin EcuTek on my O4 wagon and uses A/C almost everyday that is hot. I don't have any problem. My question for you is, did you get your car custom tuned or was it just a reflashed using someone else's map? You shouldn't be having that kind of problems if you got it custom tuned to you car mods.

but is there a diff between 04 standard ecus or autos? by software?

·
Registered
6,174 Posts
WRXout said:
but is there a diff between 04 standard ecus or autos? by software?
Yes there is a huge difference because all of the computer controlled parts that shift and monitor the auto tranny are hooked into the ECU. Fadi I would highly highly recommend you put your car back to stock and sell it because in the last 5 months you have done nothing but break parts and struggle to set up what should be a simple stage 4 wrx. It hasn't worked and at this point if I were you I would admit defeat and wash my hands of the entire experiment, buy something that won't have as many problems but is also fast and just accept the fact that you can't successfully mod a WRX.

Sorry for the reality check, but this has been an ongoing struggle for you for months and months.

~Tim

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Timdog1650 said:
Yes there is a huge difference because all of the computer controlled parts that shift and monitor the auto tranny are hooked into the ECU. Fadi I would highly highly recommend you put your car back to stock and sell it because in the last 5 months you have done nothing but break parts and struggle to set up what should be a simple stage 4 wrx. It hasn't worked and at this point if I were you I would admit defeat and wash my hands of the entire experiment, buy something that won't have as many problems but is also fast and just accept the fact that you can't successfully mod a WRX.

Sorry for the reality check, but this has been an ongoing struggle for you for months and months.

~Tim
Actully Tim , the TCMU control the shift points and all that good stuff........... my cars starting to act fine its just i have had an upipe leak for a while, so this started to occur, what happened was the header gasket was blown for a while it would get so hot it would burn through the cam seals

1 - 9 of 9 Posts