ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i have a friend with an eclipse that i wanna race. This is his mod list. He drives a 95 Automatic Mitsubishi Eclipse GST... with these mods:

14b, K&N FIPK, Intake & IC pipping, Greddy "small" FMIC, ARC Bov (JDM), TurboXS HP MBC, 2.5" DP no-cat, Greddy EVO Cat-Back, Walbro 190, BPR7es and ngk wires, and free mods

what do u guys think? what is he running? how would i do with my r32 against him?

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
stock, the 95 Auto Eclipse GST is supposed to run a 15.5 @ 90mph according to MT June 1994.

·
Registered
717 Posts
I say you still take him. I had a '95 Talon TSi with A/T and some free/minor mods and it was no contest even against a 6cyl Mustang.

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
if hes tuned, from a roll he might get you. i've got a friend who owns a gs-t with a ported 14b turbo and mostly same mods as you posted and is putting down 300whp. if i knew 1/4 mile times i'd tell ya, but i don't. sorry.

good luck with your race :D

·
Registered
749 Posts
The stock auto is killing him. No mattter what, it's still slow. Any power it may be making will be negated not only by the slushbox but by the 1-wheel-peel.

You'd need an AWD DSM with a higher torque converter for the automatic version to be any threat. Don't think all automatic DSMs are slow - there's plenty of fast ones out there, including one at 9.7 @ 139

http://www.dsmtimes.org/awd.htm -- look for (AUTO)

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
John M said:
The stock auto is killing him. No mattter what, it's still slow. Any power it may be making will be negated not only by the slushbox but by the 1-wheel-peel.

You'd need an AWD DSM with a higher torque converter for the automatic version to be any threat. Don't think all automatic DSMs are slow - there's plenty of fast ones out there, including one at 9.7 @ 139

http://www.dsmtimes.org/awd.htm -- look for (AUTO)
oh i know that all automatics are not slow ;). the kid ran a 14.667 ONCE and then consistant low 15's without the 14b and fmic.

·
Registered
889 Posts
ellinopedo182 said:
oh i know that all automatics are not slow ;). the kid ran a 14.667 ONCE and then consistant low 15's without the 14b and fmic.
Only 14.667?? You should be able to beat him comfortably. I ran a better 1/4 mile time in my car and i know you can beat me so he shouldn't be a problem for you.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well, i think at best he MAY be able to hit a 13.9, but with his automatic, fwd, i bet he will consitently hit low 14's @ about 98-100mph(at best). My car traps that stock, and with my modification, i should be able to hit 100+ trap speeds, easily. I'm pretty sure i got him, but i just hate his attitude. I don't wanna race you because i will win, i have a bigger turbo. Too bad the 14b isnt all that great of an upgraded turbo.

FastWRX135, im pretty sure that from a roll, you should be able to hang with him too. I would suspect your g35 stock should hit a 96-98mph with the automatic. The mt should do it at about 98-100mph. You should actually start walking away from him. I'm pretty sure he can't hit 155+ mph, thats the highest i've taken my r32 and it still had room. I bet i could hit 160mph. Big difference from stock form, 128 top speed with a governor.

·
Registered
158 Posts
GST=guaranteed ****ty traction

ellinopedo182 said:
go from a stop and youll get him...but i say close from a roll

try it and see what happens!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts