Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my car as of now is completly stock. is a ebc a good mod to start out with? or should i get something else first? looking around the 500-600 price range.

·
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Admin
38,620 Posts
vtecTHIS said:
my car as of now is completly stock. is a ebc a good mod to start out with? or should i get something else first? looking around the 500-600 price range.
If I were you (owned an STi), I'd add to my pennies for a couple more months, and see what the engine management gurus come up with for the car. (Utec, for one.) A few hundred more dollars, but it would bring a lot more to the table than just boost control.

IMHO, of course...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i thought the sti already had a catless uppipe? i am up in the air on whether to get your dp our get a ebc . speaking of which, what do you think of the hks evc V god?

·
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Admin
38,620 Posts
Dan may have thought you were talking about a WRX, since you didn't really say. I happened to notice that you own an STi. I'm pretty sure it comes with a catless uppipe.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah it does, did a lil search.....maybe it owuld be better to get the godspeed dp for now, and maybe a blitz sus and if the utec takes longer get a cat back. uh, too many choices.....

·
Registered
113 Posts
I think you'd be most happy with a DP. It will show a lot of gains. Have you thought about a stealthback? They are really nice, although about 800 dollars.

·
Registered
3,478 Posts
before you start upping the boost, get a downpipe and exhaust. You want to clear up the restrictions behind the turbo first.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yeah i think i'm gonna get a dp 1st. unless i get a good deal on this sbc id w/ this one guy i might get that and the sus...thanks for the help guys. any more suggestions?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have an 02 WRX, and an sbc-id/powermeter and Godspeed downpipe, among other things. I say go with the Godspeed downpipe first. You won't regret it. I sure didn't.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts