ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Banned
12,156 Posts
it might be a little small, but most WRX tuners way overdo it on the sizing of the IC. the DR650 could adequately cool a supercharged V8. it's a pretty great price, if you're only going to be running an IHI turbo, i don't see why not.

i haven't heard any reviews though, or read anything about the quality.

dR

·
Boba Fett
17,939 Posts
No blow off valve, once you get one it has to be welded on. For that little bit more that you will pay to acquire a BOV and get it welded on you can pick up either a used one or a TXS unit. Plus with the TXS unit if you were to have any problems you'd have those guys standing behind their product(S).

·
Registered
5,853 Posts
Timdog1650 said:
I vote "no" just because I've never heard of it. If it was any good, more people would use it.

My opinion as well. Search the classified forums on here and Nasioc. There are plenty of people parting out theyr stage4 cars with mint condition front mounts.

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
I just had another thought - the Greddy fmic requires you to use a plasma cutter to cut up the bumper beam. If this is a copy then.... :thumbdown

·
Registered
882 Posts
-Core dimensions: 20" wide, 9" tall, 2.5" thick
-Endtank to endtank: 30" wide
-Polished aluminum intercooler piping
-Oversized for maximum air flow
-Increase horsepower and torque
-Direct bolt-on
-Includes all necessary hardware
-Installation instructions included
-Requires short ram intake and removes standard fog lights
-Must weld own BOV flange if necessary
-Lifetime warranty from manufacturer defects

·
Registered
299 Posts
It's a VERY BAD COPY of the apexi unit. It's tube and fin, not bar and plate, very ineffiecnt. And besides, everything else OBX makes is ****, so I'm sure this is too. .

·
Registered
299 Posts
I just looked at it again. .
For $500, why not. Take the piping and couplers (I doubt they could have ****ed up the piping that badly) and then re-sell the intercooler.
Buy something like a precision or pwr core and make your own brackets. For like $800 you will have a very nice FMIC setup, not bad compared to the $1100 for most other good FMIC's. . .

·
Registered
13,126 Posts
Im glad someone (dark_rex) made a comment about the size of the intercoolers.

For example, running a DR650 with a VF34 is complete overkill.

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
It really comes down the the look of the APS units that makes everyone want them. Nobody else makes black fmic's. I know that is why I like them. (besides the excellent quality)

1 - 20 of 34 Posts