ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Soooo I have a stock 02 wrx and i've been looking at getting a catless downpipe with an exhaust for a reasonable price. I found this one on Ebay but i dont know how legit it would be. I just want something reliable and that would sound good for a good price. Its a up pipe, down pipe, and exhuast for like .... 300 bucks? and honestly, that just seems a little rediculously priced to me. i'm just wondering what you guys would reccomend me doing with it.... leave it alone? orrrr jump on that... or like if to stay away, what you would reccomend me doing.

Here's the link to the ebay page:

Subaru 02-07 Impreza WRX Turbo Back Catback + Downpipe - eBay (item 320645219730 end time Feb-17-11 17:28:54 PST)

ha thanks a ton :)

·
Premium Member
13,124 Posts
i've been running my ebay exhaust for 3+ years with no issues.

there are many other members with the same results.

do a search for SRS or ERZ

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
Looks okay to me... I reallt wouldn't worry too much, cause they have such good feedback... plus the fee for shipping is included too which would've cost you around 100... I have an ebay cbe and its been good for me even in utah weather....

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Alright yeah like I was thinking it would be alright too.buut the thing that seemed a little sketchy to.me is theres no refunds and ive heard that sometimes they ebay downpipes dont fit very well. Buuut then again some people say that they fit perfect and are as good as some of the name brand exhausts that theyve had/heard. I think ill look at the other ones you guys reccomended but with the good feedback ill probably go.with this one in the end. Ha but yeah I live in utah too and I definately beed something that will hold up in the winters.

·
Registered
595 Posts
I am also currently rocking ebay TBE in seattle weather.. now its not salty like you guys in utah but it definitely is wet. if you have the time and extra dough, i would suggest get it chrome painted with rust proof paint but mine isnt and it is still working fine!

I personally wouldnt buy any ebay parts that are moving parts or anything like that but with an exhaust.. its just a pipe and it works for what is needed so why spend thousand dollars on something that works just the same for a normal person's use? =)

·
Registered
533 Posts
I personally wouldnt buy any ebay parts that are moving parts or anything like that but with an exhaust.. its just a pipe and it works for what is needed so why spend thousand dollars on something that works just the same for a normal person's use? =)
+1

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I ended up going with a srs turbo back and then an srs up pipe. Its working out great! I installed it myself and everything fit perfect. I went to a subaru tune shop and they were suprised at how well the up pipe went on too. (they installed the up pipe). I then got it tuned and my car is running lile a dream. Thanks for the advice to stay away from the other one. It was for sure worth it to spend a little more and get better quality.

·
Premium Member
13,124 Posts
glad youre happy with it. :wiggles:

·
Registered
77 Posts
I ended up going with a srs turbo back and then an srs up pipe. Its working out great! I installed it myself and everything fit perfect. I went to a subaru tune shop and they were suprised at how well the up pipe went on too. (they installed the up pipe). I then got it tuned and my car is running lile a dream. Thanks for the advice to stay away from the other one. It was for sure worth it to spend a little more and get better quality.
review of the products?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts