ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys think of thoes exhaust ebay specials, the boot leg brands. I am interested in a cat-back system (blitz nur spec but not sure). Your thoughts on the knock off brands, just curious. I want something that has that wrx rumble but not too loud. I have searched but came up empty.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
The bottom line: When you buy a reputable name brand, you know you are getting a good, quality product. When buy an Ebay knockoff, you don't know what you getting. I have considered buying an Ebay knockoff before, but the simple fact that the few manufacturers I have contacted had no interest in contacting me back was a red flag right there.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Most knockoffs are easily identified. The auctions themselves are just cheezy. I avoid those by not even clicking on them. However, some on this forum may have heard of ssautochrome on ebay. His brand is XS Power, which is not a known brand, but I gained 22hp over stock with their complete engineback exhaust. It also looks great, great quality, and sounds awsome. You just have to have a keen eye for potential cheeze I guess :tongue: :D

·
Registered
76 Posts
I've had great luck with my ERZ up-pipe (from Ebay), no probs after 8 months. I am going to buy the ERZ down-pipe this weekend, looks to be good quality as-well.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I just got the xs power tbe and up from ssautocrome on ebay for 325+50 for shipping. I installed it with the help of two friends on fri and everything looks great, fit great, sounds great and I can tell a huge difference in power and spool up. Looks exactly like hks hi-power (angles out and up). No CELs yet.

Eric

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
I just got the xs power tbe and up from ssautocrome on ebay for 325+50 for shipping. I installed it with the help of two friends on fri and everything looks great, fit great, sounds great and I can tell a huge difference in power and spool up. Looks exactly like hks hi-power (angles out and up). No CELs yet.

Eric
I bought the exact system in November 2004. I figured why not. To my surprise, the system was of good quality. The entire exhaust, from turbo back, bolted up fine. I did replace the muffler though with a Dynomax ultra-flo (baffled just before the muffler exit). Exhaust was too loud for my taste. This applies to all catless 3" systems. Anyway, the car responded well to the exhaust. For the money, nothing new comes close.

If anyone is on a budget, I would definitely recommend the system.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts