ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Earnhardt Jr. owned by Right Turn

http://www.speedtv.com/articles/auto/roadracing/12098/?from=[HOME]

I guess that's what happens when you put a guy whose been making left turns all his life on a track that has left AND right turns. :D ;)

The sad thing is, he didn't even make it to the actual race. That happened on a warm-up lap. :rolleyes: In all seriousness though, good thing he survived, it was a pretty bad wreck. And yea I know he's raced the C5's before, I'm just messing with all the NASCAR people out there. ;)

WRC>Le Mans>NASCAR

·
Registered
422 Posts
Re: Earnhardt Jr. owned by Right Turn

4 Banger said:
http://www.speedtv.com/articles/auto/roadracing/12098/?from=[HOME]

I guess that's what happens when you put a guy whose been making left turns all his life on a track that has left AND right turns. :D ;)

The sad thing is, he didn't even make it to the actual race. That happened on a warm-up lap. :rolleyes: In all seriousness though, good thing he survived, it was a pretty bad wreck. And yea I know he's raced the C5's before, I'm just messing with all the NASCAR people out there. ;)

WRC>Le Mans>NASCAR
nice thread title. :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
You guys bashing Dale Jr for nothing. If you know anything about road racing and endurance racing that it is not a common for that fire to happen like that. He was warming the tires (because it was pre race warmup where you WARM UP the Tires) and the car was full of fuel (since race had not started yet). Plus Corvette just changed the fuel cell due to the change of consistance of ethyol in the Sunoco Fuel AMERICAN LEMANS SERIES USES. It was an accident plain and simple. Jr. knows very well how to drive (AND TURN RIGHT) ALMS cars especially the Vette. Did so at Daytona Rolex 24hr race severarl times.

·
Registered
3,864 Posts
You guys suck for being a little ignorant. Yea yea Nasvar is left turns all day long, blah blah blah, its boring I get it. But ya dont make fun of someone for being hurt in an accident. What if it had been worse huh? And also dont forget the 24 hours at Daytona this year when Jr. and Stewart were going to win until their car fell apart on the backstretch. Wasnt it a good ole Nascar boy who was driving that car around on two wheels most of the time due to a broken suspenion and was still able to run competitive. You dont have to like nascar, to each their own, but to laugh when someone is hurt in an accident is just horrible.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
WTF is wrong with you earnhardt bashers??? Have you not seen the Rolex 24 hour endurance race series? He drives a daytona prototype in it and he is quite good. Just cuz he drives NASCARs doesnt mean he lacks skill!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts