ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2016 WRX with ETS exhaust, pro-tuned for 93 octane. If I want to run E85. Will I have to replace other engine components, or can I just retune? Thanks for reading.

·
11,227 Posts
You'll have to have an army of high pressure fuel pumps because it only supports e65 max, at a greatly reduced life.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have a 2016 WRX with ETS exhaust, pro-tuned for 93 octane. If I want to run E85. Will I have to replace other engine components, or can I just retune? Thanks for reading.
u need a cobb flex fuel sensor and a Deatschwerks 65c fuel pump. And of course a tune

·
Registered
8 Posts
You should at bare minimal have a upgraded in tank pump and unless you know exactly what the ethanol content is at every fill up , a flex fuel kit. Ethanol typically varies from 50% to 90%. Unless you live in Arizona where it's restricted to e54. Your tune needs to match the Ethanol %.

Some people's pumps can act up above e60. My shop said that Lucus ethanol fuel conditioner was mandatory to keep the stock hpfp working good. I use it most of the time and it seems to be working for me. Some have also said running 93 through the tank every couple fill ups or when they get fuel pressure issue helps.

The issues I have seen with the stock pump are usually far and few in-between and are typically tuner related. I have heard of more issues with the expensive aftermarket e85 pumps than the stock pumps.

·
Æternum
20,568 Posts
I would think this would be a question for your tuner who would be the deciding factor on E85 vs. Pump.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts