ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes, I know no one runs E85 for the mileage. :drive: I was just wondering what it became after your tune. Mine was 19.5 the first time after the tune and 21.3 the next fill up. Of course, the miles per gallon display on the dash showed 30 - 36 mpg :eek3:. I'm a conservative driver, left lane, blinker on.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
21.3? I only get about .7 more miles per gallon running $4.50 91 oct gas.... How much power are you putting down? Make me hate you even more(kidding)

·
Good news, everyone!
3,856 Posts
Nothing to really add here, just wanted to publicly acknowledge the awesomeness that is the OP's avatar.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
OP's profile looks like he's all set up for a bigger turbo but still runs the original? That might explain the "resonable" fuel economy. I just barely get those numbers in city driving on premium 91. In the same city I might add. And my dashboard mpg display has the same issues, because it's ultimately driven by the injector duty cycle, that in turn is way lower than stock because the injectors are way bigger than stock. So the same amount of fuel is delivered with a lot less duty cycle on the injectors. I would like to find a way to "calibrate" that dang mpg gauge...

·
Premium Member
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
UEDan
I'm tuned at ≈6300' for 260/297.

Anub1s
Thanks, the feynman diagram is pretty cool.

Ingo
Yup, stock turbo and intercooler. The next step will be a larger turbo and FMIC. I wish there was a way to calibrate the mpg display, but a 36 mpg display is pretty impressive.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts