ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Bringing my car in this week to get it dyno tuned. I currently have the Cobb Tuning SF intake and an Invidia downpipe. Catback exhaust is coming next month. Wondering if anyone has this same setup and has had their car dyno tunned. Just curious as to what kind of horsepower gains I can expect. Any help would be appreciated. It's an 09 WRX.

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Who's doing the tune? I would ask them what they are seeing out of a similar setup. It will vary tuner to tuner, dyno to dyno, car to car.

·
Master Baiter
22,115 Posts
I'm not familiar with that shop. Every dyno reads differently, but if you can pick up 10-20whp and 20-30wtq, that'd be money well spent.

Be sure to have a baseline run recorded to overlay with the final graph.

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
I would ask them what they are seeing out of a similar setup. It will vary tuner to tuner, dyno to dyno, car to car.
This ^

OP, post up the results of your tune when you finally get it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just wanted to make sure there was going to be some kind of gain. It has a basic tune on it right now just so the car would run right with the downpipe and intake.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Appreciate the help! What do you know about Magnaflow catback exhaust systems? I'ver heard good things about them but wanted a subaru owners opinion.

·
Master Baiter
22,115 Posts
tpbowli said:
Appreciate the help! What do you know about Magnaflow catback exhaust systems? I'ver heard good things about them but wanted a subaru owners opinion.
I like the Magnaflow my buddy has on his '08

Though, you know what they say about opinions and ***holes...hear different exhausts in person, then decide for yourself.

·
The Fruit
4,728 Posts
The tuner will have a good Idea of what gains can be made with what components on their dyno. If you want a quick and dirty answer that's best place to get it. ;)

·
Registered
719 Posts
I have a 2011 and the Magnaflow. It's a deeper bump in sound, and very aggressive sounding when you get on it

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Did you keep it with the dual exit? I'm seeing 2 different exaust options online. I want the stock look with the dual exit. Not sure if that makes a difference.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Did you keep it with the dual exit? I'm seeing 2 different exaust options online. I want the stock look with the dual exit. Not sure if that makes a difference.
I did. I posted this photo in another thread today but here you go

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi bro. I've got a 08 with a flash tune and Perrin intake. The car went so much quicker after I tuned it. You'll like the torque. But after I tuned it I later got a turbo back system. So now what I've done is I've got a Perrin ebcs and getting the car retuned on Monday.

·
Premium Member
25,496 Posts
the EBCS is a good thing to grab before getting a tune.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts