ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
She's finally going on the Dyno tomorrow at EFI. I'm fairly excited, but dunno what else to say. I'll post some pics and the dynochart when I get home in the afternoon.

For those who are interested;
03 WRX Wagon
2.5L Hybrid Swap
CNC'd 2.0 Heads
Catless up pipe, 3'' Bosal Divorced wastegate downpipe, 2.5'' Bosal twintip TBE
Running stock TD04-13T and intercooler

We'll see what the numbers are. Not expecting too much, but excited to see the results anyway.

Sorry for the relatively boring thread :tongue:

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Indeed. I'm not bothering to build the engine further- It will run out of breathe early but spools instantly, and I'm fully expecting it to blow up at some point or another. We ran into a multitude of problems during the build; the only remaining, is that the heads and cams are slightly damaged. EQ Tuning in Cali inspected them and approved them, but the builder was skeptical. I'm waiting around to find a body damaged STi to do a full swap from; until then, I'm not dropping more money into this motor. If the engine still seems strong six months or a year from now perhaps I'll drop more into it...as for now, I'm running it for as long as I can. I'm always open to other ideas, and was considering a VF-39, but I also just simply don't need a quicker vehicle (For now)

Edit: Plus, I want my 5 speed to last as long as the engine does, atleast. More power and torque than I'm already putting out wouldn't really help that cause.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I can't remember if EFI's dyno is a mustang or a dynapack (I can't remember which one reads lower) but either way my buddies fully bolted STi protuned (by them by the way) put down 300 whp. On other dyno's with comparable mods I guess he said would have put up better numbers.

So just don't get discouraged with lower numbers. Hopefully you have another dyno to compare this one to see any changes with all the work you put into you're car. And as long as that things pulls hard on the road that's all that matters!

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
speedtown said:
I can't remember if EFI's dyno is a mustang or a dynapack (I can't remember which one reads lower) but either way my buddies fully bolted STi protuned (by them by the way) put down 300 whp. On other dyno's with comparable mods I guess he said would have put up better numbers.

So just don't get discouraged with lower numbers. Hopefully you have another dyno to compare this one to see any changes with all the work you put into you're car. And as long as that things pulls hard on the road that's all that matters!
EFI has a Mustang Dyno, but they apply a CF to compete with the other higher-reading dynos in the area. It's far from a "heartbreaker"...

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm not really worried about low numbers honestly. Whatever it puts down, it puts down. I just know I love the way it drives.

Oh, yeah, my day at EFI: Dropped in some STi pinks, and realized my ecu was previously tuned using ecutek once we put it on the dyno, and is locked. So I called a buddy back home and he tracked down a stock 02 manual ECU for me for $100, left the car up there, came back down, and actually just got back from picking up the new ECU. Running back up to EFI in the morning with a friend, giving them the ECU, getting tuned, and coming back home. On the bright side, said friend has a nice R32 and I think it'l be fun to cruise the 2.5 hours back with his car and mine. So, sadly, not really any pics or numbers today, but tomorrows another day.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Totally forgot my camera, go figure, but here's the numbers;

220 WHP @ 4,500

300 WTQ @ 3,300

I'm pretty okay with how much the power falls off after 4.5, because i generally don't push it past 5,000 anyway. Besides, it's not exactly slow above those peaks. Oh, and I used just over a quarter tank to cover 165 miles, which I can't really complain about either.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts