ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to turbotrix in NJ today and had junior dyno tune my car. I have a 2004 wrx mods- pe1820,650cc,255pump, hyperflow frontmount, turboback exhaust, blitz sus, and a UTEC to tune and a few other mods. Base line #'s on 15.5psi were 250awhp and 237awtq. The final #'s after only 1hour of tuning were 298.5 awhp and 278AWTQ. The spark plugs fouled out during the last few runs and you can definatley notice on the dyno chart where it breaks up. I am happy with the numbers so far, I'm going to change the plugs and than it should pull ALOT smoother. Junior at turbotrix gained my car 50+hp and 40+ tq, the max boost is around 19.5-20psi. I will try to post the graph asap, i don't have a scanner. Thanks comments please

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I agree, There were no counts of knock detected and also I bought my utec from Dan at Godspeed and his custom base map was basically the reason it only took one hour of tuning. So thanks for your help. Time now to go the track before my all stock transmission starts disagreeing with all this power.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I hit full boost between 3700rpms and 4400 rpms, the engine breaks up because the plugs are fouled, tat will change tonight. On a side note he showed me a dyno graph of a vf-39 on a wrx tuned. It had 300hp and 270tq similar to what I put down but power comes on at like 3000-3500rpms. Sounds like a good choice to me.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ppm I would say that you are correct but tuning could go no further unless we had new plugs. There is most likely 1 psi that you can paly around with and not to mention that the engine broke up at 6600rpms wich was right around peak power. I'm sure its good for 310-320hp on a colder day with more fine tuning

1 - 10 of 10 Posts