ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
will post dyno sheet tomorrow
Dyno #'s and photo's of t3/t04e
Got the custom non water cooled t3/t04e turbo tuned to day by Clark from kingPin performance at AZ dyno chip!!
on 18-19 psi 91 gas made around 320whp 330FtLbs of torque
23-24psi on c16 gas made around 389whp 433FtLbs of torque dyno was a AWD dyno jet
Need to change the Turbine Housing so i can see if it will make more power at 26 psi
turbo
$500. of of ebay Garrett hybrid custom t3/t04e turbo

Compressor Specs:
- T04E housing 3" inlet 2" outlet
- 50 trim compressor wheel 2.12/3.00 49lb/min

Turbine Specs:

-76 trim T350 turbine wheel (stage 5)

-.63 4 bolt Turbine Housing A/R Ratio WIll be going to a bigger size

Turbonetics Evolution wastegate,

Note: work Done by me :) The up-pipe was not fun :thumbdown

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
no offense but that's really not very good. Stage 2 STi's have hit 310 at the wheels...on 18 psi.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah the base map was not tuned for power Just need a map to get to work on 91 pump gas,i was told that the Turbine Housing is to small and with a bigger one it will make around 50 more whp on the race map.My goal is to make 400whp at 22-23 psi on this set up
scooby24 said:
no offense but that's really not very good. Stage 2 STi's have hit 310 at the wheels...on 18 psi.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
EDIT:: talked to my tuner,I ahd the info all wrong :rotfl:
"I had fun tuning this car. Just as I expected the turbine housing is to small. So small that we could not make more top end boost. It had a stock turbo like power curve where the power peak was really early. 91 octane fuel runs where actualy tuned at only 16 psi and not 18-19. Adam wanted a super safe 91 map and was not interested in pushing it on pump gas. I know it would do 340-350 on pump if I pushed it. On the C16 tune I ran around 21-22 psi peak in the logs. By 6k rpm boost would fade down to 18 or so. Notice how the car made alot more trq then hp. Thats a sign of an airflow problem. More boost got us more trq and thats it. Car never knocked on C16. We just decided to stop at this point. In a few weeks adam is going to trailer the car back down for a larger .82 AR turbine. I suspect this car will really come to life with the larger turbine. I suspect 400-430whp will be a nice safe C16 tune if Adam will let me run the boost to 25 or so. All in all a pretty nice setup and nice people made this one a fun tune.

Clark"

1 - 5 of 5 Posts